• md196

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • trust t015 i think

• keep your old one

• Total voters

zia

what would you choose turbo wise if you had **** to spend?
i.know its be spoken about before,
remember lads ultimate turbo poll
zia

S

Sirnixalot

i must answer your question with a question...what kind of power band are you looking for? what kind of lag are you willing to put up with

R

robinsongtir

the ultimate turbo for power IMO would be a Greddy T88 34D

zia

i,d want a turbo thats reaches its peak boost at my engines peak torque rpm power wise say 300-450 8)

zia

zia

hks 3037 would have to be it wheres the best place to get one?
looking at your pics sir nix will the turbo outlet fit with aircon?do you have to make your own outlet pipe? should i go for .86 a/r turbine or will .73 a/r spool up alot quicker? also can you have 70 a/r compressor.how long before yours is up and running?

cheers zia

Nad

Sirnixalot said:
i must answer your question with a question...what kind of power band are you looking for? what kind of lag are you willing to put up with
I was just gonna say exactly that, There is no ultimate turbo. it depends on what u want it for. There may be an ultimate turbo for a specific power output etc but not overall.

Nad

S

Sirnixalot

if you want to use it on the standard manifold you will have to grind down the blokc some...notthing structural dont worry. Also you will need to get your manifold molidied to fit an external wastegate. You will not be able to doa 3" bend off the turbo with the AC compressor still in place. You will have to do a 2.5" dump pipe into a 3" down pipe and exhaust.

Mine wont be up for at least another month...but keep in mind im running a custom manifold so my lag will be significantly less than yours

zia

forgive the stupid question but installing header icreases lag does it?due to long gas flow until it reaches turbine. :? oh and where did you get your turbo from? if may so bold to ask.

zia

S

Sirnixalot

not neccecerily...the tubular manifold runners have roughly the same cross sectional area as the exhaust port, they flow alot more gases and with alot less restirction than the standard manifold. The different runners work in pulses, for instance the exhaust gas from cyl 1 hits the turbo then 4 then 2 then 3 so there is all ways pressure keeping that turbine balde spinning.

I got my turbo from Carlos Faxas out of Miami Florida in the US. I paid US$1790 for my turbo but the price has gone down since last year i think.

email him at teamnismo@hotmail.com

A

Anonymous

MD196 with extrnal watie but its a slag of a turbo and with NOS added its obscene.

Only problem is I have so much torque Ive destroyed my mani :cry: So BIG NOTE! If your going for big stuff ensure your ss mani is not too skinny

Si.