UK/Import Turbo specs

Sonnygtir

Yesterday someone told me that the UK car comes with a Garret T03? and the import comes with a T28? Does anyone know if this is right or wrong? I know every UK car I've been in seems to pull differently to pulsars I've been in.

MarkTurbo

No, they're talking out of their bottom :wink:

Uk cars have the same T28 as the jap ones, but it does say T3 in the uk sales brochure for some reason :roll:

Sonnygtir

The sales brochure is where this guy got his information from.

I was just wondering because i'm about to buy a new turbo :D

geetee

Don;t buy it in the UK.

Get it imported from the US or Japan.

Even of you get stung on the VAT and import you'll save about 40 - 50% which means you probably won't spend less but you'll get a lot more for your dosh :)

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

O

Odin

If you do buy from abroad ask them to mark down it's value for shipping :wink: .

rob

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
MarkTurbo said:
No, they're talking out of their bottom :wink:

Uk cars have the same T28 as the jap ones, but it does say T3 in the uk sales brochure for some reason :roll:

They both use a T28...

The T28 uses a T3 compressor wheel... Thats all...

Rishi

Sonnygtir

Woah, I'm not about to buy a gtir. :) I've got one. I'm thinking of changing the turbo so I'm wondering where this T03 thing has come from. Cheers though Rishi, That's cleared that one up so I can get on with finding the turbo I want now. :)

Sonnygtir

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I don't want to run more than 1.1bar cos I'm a fag. What's the best option for me? I wouldn't mind a T28 hybrid.

A

Ash10

Sonnygtir said:
I was just wondering because i'm about to buy a new turbo :D
Looks like I'm in the same boat as you...

Anyone got recommendation for US/Jap suppliers?

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Do a search on the forum for ATP, an American company who seem pretty cheap. Also look at Innovate performance who are selling upgrades. For 1.1Bar, just get your T28 with 360deg bearings to be safe and improve lag. I think this is the T28R rather than RS but am happy to be corrected as I've not checked recently.

Cheers,
Jim.