Turning turbo off

oldaneal

Bit of a silly one but is there an easy way to turn the turbo off? Would be usefull to turn it off during the week and save some fuel

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
errr... no!...

the best you can hope for is the standard boost setting...

S

Sirnixalot

the switch is your right foot....and it wont really save you that much fuel because of the compression ratio. but yeah...less planting of the go pedal and less boost.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
You could always jam the wastegate open but wouldn't the ecu still overfuel the engine? I wouldn't bother myself, if you want to save fuel buy another car. :wink:

B

Boo

You could get an electronic boost controller and see if the tuner that fits it can set the LOW channel to 0.4bar...

How many miles you doing to a tank?

I can get 240 to 260 if I drive like a granny...

Ben

Keira

oldaneal said:
Bit of a silly one but is there an easy way to turn the turbo off?
I pop the bonnet, turn on my favourite Right Said Fred track ( I'm to sexy ) and start a slow, appalingly gay strip tease.

That tends to be enough to turn anything off. :shock:

Sorry to say it, but if you're worried about petrol costs you've got the wrong car :(

J

J-GTi-R

I pop the bonnet, turn on my favourite Right Said Fred track ( I'm to sexy ) and start a slow, appalingly gay strip tease.

That tends to be enough to turn anything off.
Lol, you nutter. I'm starting to worry about some of the members on this forum... :roll: :wink:

G

GTI-R Kid

kieron said:

That tends to be enough to turn anything off. :shock:

Sorry to say it, but if you're worried about petrol costs you've got the wrong car :(
Classic! :lol: :lol:

But he has a valid point about being concerned about petrol costs - if its a worry then you really did buy the wrong car. :(

G

gotoinstant-redline

i managed to get 315miles from a full tank while i was running it in.. all of it was sub 4000rpm and very little boost . and when it did boost it was stock boost levels and only for a few seconds..

mind you driving a gtir like that is a crime!!! its meant to burn fuel faster than an iraqi oil fire! just put your foot down and enjoy the ride to the next shell garage :)

L.