Turbos, Turbos, Turbos

R

riske

I think im gonna be upgrading to a new turbo in the summer and really just want to see view and ideas on the turbos below;

Im after very quick spool up time and not that bothered about overall power but would like 350bhp easy. Currently got a hybrid T28r and running standard mani and hybrid intercooler.

GT3071R-WG Dual BB, 64AR, 84 Trim Turbine

Garrett GT2876R (aka GT25/40R)

Garrett GT2860RS (aka GT28RS)

Evo 8 Twinscroll Turbocharger with the 9.8cm3 turbine housing
obviously know i have to change mani with this one

Cheers

The next time someone posts a tuning question in the general section I'm just going to delete it not move as with this one, Please read the forum rules before posting in future.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

riske

Nothings wrong with it matey just thought that the Evo8 turbo looked pretty good because it has quick spool up and high flow, might get around 400bhp with it. when i say 350 i want 350 minimum but a very quick car. I dont want lag, its all about fast spool up. Then ill get a forged engine once thats done etc. As boby said he may revert back to a GT28 series as his GT3071 has lag. All those split seconds add up over a lap and thats what he feels is slowing him down.

I may even get a ECU with anti lag, thats how much lag fecks me off.

GTIR-LOZ

you have to comprimise somewhere a fast spooling turbo will unlikely make 400hp you need bigger blades to move more air but obviously it takes more effort to move them - hence lag you should get a turbo that spools up reasonably fast and get the 350hp but not much more your prob best sticking to your t28 hybrid as i cant see you finding something that will spool up faster and still give you some decent power

also it might be worth ditching the intercooler for a charge cooler and shortening the pipework to a minimum, getting a less bendy exhaust elbow etc as these all play big parts in turbo lag

anti-lag will make short work of your turbo/standard engine

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
You may aswell go for the 3071 as you'll soon be bored of the GT28... Just go for the GT3071 with the 0.63 turbine housing for the quicker spool..

MORF114

With a 3071 you will want to turn the boost up very quickly after a couple of drives you will be very used to the power and will want more because it is easily available.

When i left the tuner he told me hi and low on my ebc was my boost setting of 1.4 bar and 1 bar so i had a blast on low got bored very quickly then went to hi and **** me i thought it was ballistic only to realise that my boost gauges were going off the scale , they hadn't adjusted them from the setting i asked them to go by in my ebc from what i wanted the car tuned at 2 bar hi and 1.4 low so low was 1.4 and boringly slow and hi was 2 bar and if i hadnt noticed i could have done some damage that day so im getting ready to turn my boost up to 2 bar for some scarey moments which is wicked acceleration in and around corners and straights totally blew me away untuned @2 bar now 1.4bar hi setting feels very slow lol

So i reckon you will want to turn the boost up on a 3071 so dont get a .64ar for future boost upgrades which will cause creep with a .64ar.