Turbo Timer

A

Anonymous

Hi guys...

Just bought a luvly GTi-R over the w/end and love it...Only one thing...

I want to get a turbo timer for it and wondered what your recommends were? I quite like the Apexi pencil one...

Any advice will greatly be appreciated.

Also anyone here in the london area? N or E?

Thanks

Chris

A

Anonymous

although this might sound a bit negative..

I have a no-name brand one (no labels), although a friend of mine found it in a magazine - apparently worth $220 AU. :shock:

all it does is measure battery voltage and turn the car off between 10seconds and 10minutes (10sec increments). All I care about is whether it turns the car off?

depends what features you want, a lot of my friends have these funky turbo timers with extra added features like boost I think; but what's the point. I can't read a thing that small anyway, and I don't particularly want to be reading something that small while on boost anyway.. also comes down to whether you wanna be a ricer or not :roll:

if I had to buy another, I'd go for the cheapest possible.. and hide it under my steering column :lol:

A

Anonymous

thats why i quite like the Apexi one...not too expensive and all i want it to do is switch the engine off...although the 0-400m thing might be nice but not essential...

Also i have a Cobra alarm...do these affect them in any way at all?

Chris

A

Anonymous

yea, I'd like to find a work-around for alarms..

with my alarm I have to wait for the turbo timer to turn the car off, I then have to turn the alarm on if I want it to sound off if there's an intruder..

if I let the turbo timer do its job and walk away only the fuel pump & starter motor immobilisers kick in after 30 seconds (no alarm sound) :(

nickg123

Most alarms won't allow a turbo timer - and in a lot of cases it will invalidate your insurance having a turbo timer so i would think carefully about using one!

If you know you're going somewhere all you really have to is take it steady for the last 5 mins of the journey or so, and just basically avoid using the turbo so it can cool down, then when you arrive i'd just sit there for 30 seconds or so - that way the car will be fine!

The only time damage is really done is when ragging it, then stopping and turning it off - mainly because the Turbo will be hot, and you're effectively cutting the oil supply.

A

Anonymous

ah thats the answer i was looking for....thanks for your help!!

Thor

hi,

anybody here, which can help me to install a hks turbo timer??? i don´t have a installation guide....

cheers
sascha

J

jasegould

Have you looked on the website, its all on there I think :?: