turbo`s

nismoboy

im not bothered about bhp or lbft i just want a quick pulsar, so whats the best way to go large tubby ie jgy bb37 or a hybrid t28? the down side to a big tubby is lag but then once in the really do pull much harder than a small turbo. If both turbo`s were of the same car running the same amount of boost ie 1.2 bar which would make the car quicker?

GINGA

The larger turbo would be the faster one but you'd have to work the gearbox harder to stay infront of the smaller turbo'd car on a track or twisty road :wink:
All depends on what you want your car for really eg mainly road or weekend fun/track day car etc :?:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The HKS GTRS that was on Edds car gave a good performance on the rolling road. It gave well over 400bhp and looked like there wasn't much lag either.

Keira

For a reasonable £500 and something turbo technics will hybrid your standard t28, when i spoke to them they said it would handle 1.7 very max, which is more than enough for a quick road car. It would be the same spec as pimps ( bruce morris ),as seen in banzai.

I choose to ignore this and went with something else :lol:

Still a hybrid t28 built to similar spec, i'.e cut back turbine blades, 360 thrust and larger compressor.

No noticable difference in lag as compared to standard, maybe a little if i'm not quick with the up change but it pulls so much better through the revs at the same boost levels, car is still easy to drive quickly up the twisties and can be kept on boost without down changing every corner which i like 8)

nismoboy

i just cant decide what to go for?

i find that the t28 runs out of puff after 5,000rpm so i want somthing that will keep on going right to the limiter.The other things im looking for in a turbo are=

i want it to pull alot harder than a t28
have roughly the same amount of lag
fit the standard manifold and dump pipe

ideally i want to run a maximum of 1.2bar! for reliability reasons but i could be persuaded to run a bit more :D

nismoboy

i really want to buy the jgy turbo but im worried that it will be to laggy? is there anyway of reducing the turbo lag on this turbo?

i cant have lag as my mates have wrx`s and a gt4 so i want to whoop them straight away, i dont want to play catch up!

Keira

nismoboy said:
i really want to buy the jgy turbo but im worried that it will be to laggy? is there anyway of reducing the turbo lag on this turbo?

i cant have lag as my mates have wrx`s and a gt4 so i want to whoop them straight away, i dont want to play catch up!
was talking to alan (ashills) today and he reckons his isn't that bad now. ( better front pipe, twin dump and i think he's been playing with the advance )When i went out in his car it was still on standard front pipe and that funny pipe run-pace intercooler and to be honest i thought the lag was fooking awful, although it did pull very well when it got going :shock: 8) Since he's put the goose and twin dump on it he says its much better.

The way i see it is theres no point having a turbo that will easily flow 400bhp + if you're not aiming for that sort of power, also i personnally wouldn't want full power way up the revs. The hybrid on mine pulls alot better than the standard t28 due to the bigger compressor and will easily pull in a standard turbo'd pulsar at the same boost, its noticably stronger further up the revs.

For playtime in my pulsar a t28 hybrid is perfect, mostly back roads etc where responsiveness is far better for my car than a huge wall of boost, all depends on what sort of driving you do really, i'm not that interested in going very quickly over a 1/4 mile or down a motorway so want a quick responding, low lag turbo that will be safe to run reasonable i.e 1.4ish :wink: bar and make full boost as quick as possible.

will be changing it at a later date but for now i'm perfectly happy with it.