turbo removal quicky..

turbodaily

how do most people go about removing the turbo from an r? is it necassary to remove the bumper? or can i get away with just removing the slam panel and radiator?

thanks

O

Odin

turbodaily said:
how do most people go about removing the turbo from an r? is it necessary to remove the bumper? or can i get away with just removing the slam panel and radiator?

thanks

No you don't need to remove the bumper, When I do it I take out the rad and slam panel, But it can be done with out .

The hard bit is the oil and water lines ;-) .

Rob

P

pulsarboby

The hard bit is the oil and water lines ;-) .

as a poor young lad has found to his cost not far from me!
it seems that his mechanic who fitted a turbo i sold him, has cross threaded the water pipe from turbo to block:roll: now theres coolant pouring out (and he got the car back like that):shock:

turbodaily

nice 1. im taking the r off the road for a couple of weeks to sort some bits out ie brake pads, rocker cover. and get a 3071 turbo on there.

will the standard injectors be ok with a 3071 on 1.1bar? im planning on getting some 600's but wont be for a little while as il need to save for a remap too.

CruiseGTi-R

I find crashing into a wall at about 40mph removes the bumper, front cross member, fans, fmic and rad and loosens the turbo bolts nicely.

low612

turbodaily said:
nice 1. im taking the r off the road for a couple of weeks to sort some bits out ie brake pads, rocker cover. and get a 3071 turbo on there.

will the standard injectors be ok with a 3071 on 1.1bar? im planning on getting some 600's but wont be for a little while as il need to save for a remap too.
That what im doing. Stock ecu , stock injectors, walbro 255 and 4 bar fuel pressure . I wouldnt run over 1 bar without a wideband tune and dyno just for insurance.

turbodaily

im running a dastek unichip aswell, currently setup on 1.1bar with a stage 1 t28 making 340bhp.

any idea how much increase in power i would get simply by bolting it on (3071 on stock manifold),running same boost as on my t28?

azboy

its more then likely need remapping for the tub even at 1.1 bar as ur maf and injectors may well max out, buy some 660 cc injectors mate and get it mapped then it will be worth the swap,1.5 bar as ap clutches wont take any more torque then that

turbodaily

paul at engine advantages says standard maf is easily capable up to 400bhp so il be alright there.

il run it on stock injectors until i get some 660's then get it mapped.

O

Odin

turbodaily said:
any idea how long a job it is to remove the turbo on an r?

A couple of hours if you take your time ;-) , Less if you're s hero like Kieron and Mark :roll: .

Rob :lol:

O

Odin

stu-gtir said:
I Can do it in about 30 Mins tops depending on if there arn't any dicky bolts.

Yes those of us that have done it a few times can do it very quickly, But I don't think many if anyone could do it in 30 min's once you've had to bugger about with the bl00dy oil/water lines.

I reckon a good hour is a fair time if you're handy with the spanners and are being careful with the oil/water lines.

I tend to undo a few bolts then stand their looking at it for another hour with a cupper shacking my head :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: , Then do a few more bolts then another cupper ;-) , You get the picture :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

stu-gtir

Odin said:
Yes those of us that have done it a few times can do it very quickly, But I don't think many if anyone could do it in 30 min's once you've had to bugger about with the bl00dy oil/water lines.

I reckon a good hour is a fair time if you're handy with the spanners and are being careful with the oil/water lines.

I tend to undo a few bolts then stand their looking at it for another hour with a cupper shacking my head :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: , Then do a few more bolts then another cupper ;-) , You get the picture :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob
Ha Yeah, removed turbo's alot in the past thanks to dodgy turbo rebuilders in Blackpool:twisted:

Its like second nature now.

turbodaily

yeah ive removed loads of turbos on different cars but jobs on the pulsar always seem to look easier than what they are. det sensor springs to mind here lol

its got a hybrid on it at the mo so hopefully i shouldnt have any probs with rusted nuts as it has been off before.

cheers boys