turbo question

J

jetblack

greetings

i have a gt3071 turbo to fit to my pulsar. i will run it at 0.8bar until i get bigger injectors and then i raise the boost. question is will it cause problems running such small boost on a big turbo? will the car be slower than the stock t28 i currently have running at 1.1bar? is there a minimum boost level you need to run for the turbo to operate properly/effeciently?

thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

EVOBAD

jetblack said:
greetings

i have a gt3071 turbo to fit to my pulsar. i will run it at 0.8bar until i get bigger injectors and then i raise the boost. question is will it cause problems running such small boost on a big turbo? will the car be slower than the stock t28 i currently have running at 1.1bar? is there a minimum boost level you need to run for the turbo to operate properly/effeciently?

thanks in advance.
no it wont cause any problems but the car will be alot slower until the boost kicks in then ther will be a mad rush,just keep runing 1.1 bar:thumbsup:

J

jetblack

iv been advised not to run more than 0.8bar as im still on stock injectors...

somebody say that running 0.8bar on this turbo wont be any better than stock t28, you have to run minimum of 1.1bar for it to work properly??

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
It'll be about the same at 0.8Bar as the T28 at 1.1 bar. If anything the 3071 will pull a bit stronger. I wouldn't run the 3071 at 1.1 Bar without mapping if you like your engine.

J

jetblack

my car has been mapped on the piggyback 'destak unichip' on t28,stock injectors,1.1bar.

so before i get it remapped with bigger injectors, hows it likely to run with the 3071 on 0.8? (bearing in mind its mapped for my old spec still)