Turbo problem

B

briitts

Hi all.
As some of you may know (I am a freak!) my engine is in my garage waiting for my nice new Quaiffe gearbox to arrive. :eek:

I was stripping the turbo and undone the bolts indicated below, trouble is the actuator moved as these bolts hold the main turbo bit in place and I do not know the orignial position. :oops:

My question is where should I position the actuator valve bit, thats the bit that comes from the round actuator to the turbo housing indicated below, should it be as far to the left or right as possible as there is a fair amount of play as i slide the turbo piece to the left against the main turbo housing? :?:

Help me, I would rather I get it right or if it makedno difference then all well and good. :lol:

Also, do I really need to put nylock on the clutch bolts? moved to problem solving-skiddusmarkus

A

arry

you'll soon know where the housings were originally when you mate it back up to the mani, as the flanges wont line up otherwise

B

briitts

Er no.

Its seperate to the manifold, the bit I am talking about is the shiny bit on the left the manifold is out of the picture to the right.
It swivels, towards the main manifold and away from it, about 4 inches. But it also moves the valve thing attached to the actuator.

B

briitts

Actually you might have a piont, there is a bracket on the bottom so maybe...

Dont remember what its bolts to mind.

Hmmm

A

arry

It looks to me as if you've undone the bolts inbetween the exhaust and compressor housings and the two housings have moved on eachother (they're kinda circlipped together and then bolted to hold still). The two flanges mate up to your dump pipe (exhaust end) and manifold. If you put it back on the car you wont be able to line the two flanges up without the turbo housings being in the right position - hence you'll soon know when you put it back on.

That's what I think you mean, anyways :shock:

A

arry

skiddusmarkus said:
It will only go back on one way from what I remember and lines itself up.
yup, unless you fancy making up a custom mani or dump pipe, that is :D