Turbo Oil Leak

billy187

The cars got a very slight oil leak coming from the turbo, got the local garage to put it up on some ramps today and they've told me that the pipe itself seems fine but it seems to be coming from the nut at the end? He's recommended to change the pipe anyway, so what could it be and what do i need to buy? The turbo's a gt3071r.

The garage also noticed that the sump had a very slight leak, what could this be?

Jonesy

Do you mean the bolt that goes through the pipe and holds it onto the turbo.
If so the is usually seeled by copper washers, may need re-newed or a nip up might to the job.
As for the sump either remove and fit new instant gasket or copper washer if its the drain plug.

GTIR-LOZ

not that one, you need the one with the 2x banjo bolt ends with a new banjo bolt and also get the special copper seals with the sealant in them as the bolt doesnt seal well otherwise

Hose Solutions

The only one we do now is with the banjo fittings at both ends, makes fitting sooooo much easier, just never changed the picture on our ebay shop for it...you'll still get the banjo one which ever way you order anyway.

I would advise coming to us direct by email or phone, as theres your 10% discount to be deducted remember too...

J

jpward

Hose Solutions said:
The only one we do now is with the banjo fittings at both ends, makes fitting sooooo much easier, just never changed the picture on our ebay shop for it...you'll still get the banjo one which ever way you order anyway.

I would advise coming to us direct by email or phone, as theres your 10% discount to be deducted remember too...
"Ben to the rescue again"

:lol: