Turbo markings

gazgstar

Ok guys was in the garage today putting another turbo on my car and noticed that the 2 turbos I have have got different markings on them even though their both supposed to be the standard t28. The 1 that came off my car has a/r60 m24 1-1 and the other is a/r60 m24 1-2:?. they also seem to have slight differences in the overall size, any ideas which is the standard one of the two?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Have a look on the turbo for a little plate with a number similar to this 707160 - 9 (that's a random one btw, not a pulsar one)

gazgstar

the one that came off the car had a little plate like that but the other didnt! will have to check tommorow and let you know the serial number

gazgstar

cleaned my old turbo off and found the plate there and the number was 465997-1 if that helps,thanks

gazgstar

so what I've put on now could possibly be different then? it has no serial number to identify it but everything seems the same apart from it seems a little bigger as it was a tighter fit, and the bolt holes on the flange coming from the turbo onto the fmic pipe were round the opposite way, which meant I had to modify the fmic pipe

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
It could be that you've got one for a 200SX... although that should actually be slightly smaller, but with a ball bearing core.