Turbo Lag

S

Sunnyboy368

Hello R Fans,

I have a very simple question. I owned a GTIR with about 308 bhp with a standard turbo. One of the annoying things was the turbo lag. How do i get rid of or reduce the trubo lag?

I heard about somethign called a gt28 roller bearing turbo that would reduce the lag significantly.

any suggestions.

cheers

Sunny BOY

J

justin666

Rollerbaring tubby's do reduce lag by a few hundred revs or so but its a fair chuck of cash to outlay just to get rid of it! So its a choice really, Loadsa power, bigger turbo and a bit more lag or a smaller unit which will restrict your overall power but be less laggy and make low down responce alot better.... You can forget about top end power tho. Pros and cons either way.

;-) Decisions decisions ;-)

Alternatively, use the gears more to keep the car on boost ;-) Lag isnt that much of a problem when you learn to drive the car around it.

J.

bracpan

The standard Pulsar has very little lag compaird to other Turbo cars, cheapest way is learn to drive around it.
Phil

Fusion Ed

I don't necessarily agree with that. Its a "laggy dog" as some of the top guys at Turbo dynamics say. Bigger turbos don't necessarily spool slower either.

An example of another turbo capable of 450+ bhp on a pulsar yet makes more boost sooner than a stock turbo.

T

tro||

most modern turbos (unless really huge) are so far removed from having any lag worth worrying about its no longer an issue, a t28 is not a modern turbo so compared to some medium sized bb turbos is laggy.

anyone that has ever been in a early to mid 90's built big power cossie will know what real lag is:llama:

Last edited by a moderator: