turbo hiting front engine mount!

crighton13

Also have this problem that the manifold wont fit as the turbo hits the front engine mount its a turbotechenics gt30? Any way around this with moving the turbo? Cheers

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Different exhaust manifold? - That may technically count has moving the turbo.

splmum

You may need one of those exhaust flanges that repositions the turbo some mm's forward (toward the radiator) to allow it to fit without hitting the block/clutch housing.

But you have to be aware doing this will move it closer to the radiator fans, so you need to take that into consideration, and as mentioned above, a new exhaust dump pipe and exhaust down pipe.

vpulsar

That's the trouble with tuning cars matey you always need to do far more than you thought you'd need to when you started lol, one thing always leads onto another I had to fit a new manifold/elbow/down pipe/oil water lines/remove one fan, Then once it was running I then needed a bigger rad & oil cooler and their you go you're on that slippery slope to oblivion!

Rob

crighton13

Haha luckely enough i have all that stuff and i turn the mount upside down and it fits that way but i did have to remove fans but i will put slim lines on outside