Turbo from america

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I'd be a bit concerned that it doesn't have any manufacturers stamp on it... it just says "turbocharger". If it was a Garett like it seems to claim, they would have stamped their name into the compressor housing... same with HKS.
(Or am I wrong?)

geoff pine

PobodY said:
I'd be a bit concerned that it doesn't have any manufacturers stamp on it... it just says "turbocharger". If it was a Garett like it seems to claim, they would have stamped their name into the compressor housing... same with HKS.
(Or am I wrong?)
All that and the price it,s to cheap.

GTIR-LOZ

im sure there was a thing about ebay turbos blowing up real soon, but that was on different makes

is it really worth trying though, you can potentially destroy your engine by being tight!!

if you cant afford a decent turbo its unlikley that you can afford the supporting mods/tuning etc and should stay away

steven_c

GTIR-LOZ said:
im sure there was a thing about ebay turbos blowing up real soon, but that was on different makes

is it really worth trying though, you can potentially destroy your engine by being tight!!

if you cant afford a decent turbo its unlikley that you can afford the supporting mods/tuning etc and should stay away

well said no point been tight on tuning a car becuase its going to cost you alot in the long run!!!

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I think it's fair to say that it might be ok. It's just hard with turbos on teh interweb because you can't look at them or touch them... will you be able to send it back if it all goes wrong.
Too many questions.