turbo failure?

Paul20

bluey smoke after accelerating, dumpvalve leaking oil. is this likely to be nackered turbo seals? cheers

JIMMYBACK

dump vavle leaking only means your catch tank isnt working? :shock: is it standard :shock: change it now? blue smoke :shock: u sure it not black.if it is just black this can mean it just over fueling wihch is kinda good news :roll: :eek: check again n let us know
cheers jimmy
wot boost u running? management uprated parts?

Paul20

cars fairly standard mate. standard catch tank, got standard turbo, bailey dumpvalve, greddy boost controller at 1bar, decat and magnex system. its definatley bluey/whitey smoke and not black.

JIMMYBACK

:shock: of fcuk it get a new catch tank a uprated one :D chuckt eh bailey dump valve there cause more problems than there worth :shock:
white smoke it doesnt sound good :shock:

Paul20

just had my car at hiteq in wigan and mentioned about an uprated catch tank but they seemed to think i didnt need one because my car isnt heavily modified.could the nackeredcatch tank cause the smoke?

JIMMYBACK

standard catch tanks dont do jack shite any over standard bosst will push oil around the air intake will will eventually get into the plenium n cause a few problems :shock: for the sake of 40 -50 quid buy one :D

J

justin666

How many miles has the car done..??? Mine was doin this and it was the turbo that was s h a g g e d..!!! :cry: But yes, listen to Jimmy and get a new catch tank :D

J..

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
What oil are you using and have you just topped it up recently?
Worn rings can cause excess blowby which can end up blowing oil into the intake system when the oil level is high. causing lots of smoke.

O

Olly

Do a compression test could be down on compression and have cracked ring lands. Using good oil? 10w60 Millers? Sometimes if your turbo seals have gone it will be noisy and smoking and leaking down the exhaust elbow etc.

Paul20

i had the oil changed just over a month ago. got millers 10 60 oil in. dump valve had bit of oil leaking from it after raising the boost and now the smoke has started a wek or so after getting it de-catted. the cars done around 60000 miles too. iv had the intercooler off today to check for oil in it and there was just a film of it. no oil in turbo air intake either or the pipe going from turbo to intercooler. not sure about the exhaust side of things

C

carpy100

DO A COMPRESSION TEST! otherwise mate you could be here forever guessing.