Tunning and Mapping in Scotland.

Braveheart

I have fitted my Greddy Ultimate and almost ready to get my R mapped.

Off the top of my head I can think of three tunners.
Extreme Motorsports
Wallace Performance
GI Motorsport Kilmarnock
Nick Jones - Tunning Developments

Has anabody used the above for mapping or recommend a tunner.
I'll take it to Ed, but it's too far from home.

Thanks!

Last edited:
pretty sure ive heard good stuff from wallace with e-manage's.

i had a stand alone ecu put in at sitech racing in blair athol. im now contacting wallace to take it out and fit one from there ranges.

Braveheart

Thanks guys!
I'll give Wallace a bell on Monday.
Phoned GI Motorsport but the guy who maps (Chris) was not about.
They MAP the car on the road which interests me but I need more information from them first.

Keep the feedback and suggestions coming.... :thumb:

No need for aberdeen anymore for russel.
Russ is now at dazteq full time now :), as he is in partnership with gerry now.

Also chris has a good rep so far aswell at GI Motorsport.

But personal reasons, it`s russ everytime.

Braveheart

Thanks Davie.... Daztek in Dalgety Bay?... that's more like it... much closer.. :thumb:
I've googled but can't seem to find there web site for information and contact number. Do you have such a thing.. ?

On further investigation into tuners local to us.

I had a wee trip down to GI Performance in Kilmarnock to Get my Nistune board live mapped on the road by Chris.

I had already set up the board for the Z32 and 560cc Injectors and set the idle. So it was on a good base to start with.

Chris had never seen the software before or even tinkered with it, so while he played with the software i connected up a set of DET cans to the car ready for the live mapping.
Chris was impressed by the level of thee software and how easy it was to use, so after a couple of hours out on the road, the car pulls so much better and from 1000 all the way to redline in 1st to 4th perfectly :)
Have got a rolling road day at end of month so will find out the performance figures then, and how the car performs on the rollers :)

SO chris @ GI Performance is worth a shout to live map the car on the road as they dont have a rolling road at their premises.

Feul map is available if anyone wishes to see it.

Davie

Braveheart

Sounds good Davie, would like to see your graphs (fuel map)
I did have a chat with Chris a couple of days ago regarding mapping.
Due to the restictions on road tunning, the map may not be as aggresive as I would like for track us and I'm not sure I want to MOT and Tax car for tunning purposes. I might end up getting it mapped on rollers and maybe later, ask the likes of Chris to fine tune the map on the track.
Cheers!

whytie

I'm might take a pop round to gi performance next month that's good news as it's pretty local. I've not wanted to go to far after fitting rb box.

williams

from what i have read into about mapping i dont see how you can map a car properly on the road.
1st, wouldnt it be impossible to actually get the ignition timing correct? as you wont know when your making the highest power with least advance.
2nd, how can you hold the engine at a given rpm to adjust your fuelling?

not saying anything bad about the bloke. just from what i have tried to teach myself about mapping the only way to properly map you car is on the dyno.

welcome to more info on this though.

Fusion Ed

I have done loads and loads of R's on the road. i prefer the dyno by far but for the first 4 years of mapping I did it all on the road. I got pretty close too. In fact usually I could get within 5% on the road as I could on a dyno. It just took longer and was more dangerous. But it can be done.

williams

how do you map ignition? just wait till you here it starting to detonate then back it off a few degrees?

and do you just use the brake to hold the car at different load sites etc?

I have done loads and loads of R's on the road. i prefer the dyno by far but for the first 4 years of mapping I did it all on the road. I got pretty close too. In fact usually I could get within 5% on the road as I could on a dyno. It just took longer and was more dangerous. But it can be done.

Fusion Ed

You just have to run through the map, you rarely hold a load cell even on a dyno, that just doesn't work in reality, as cars are never held at full throttle with the rpm not changing, if thats the case then you'll drop a gear so you then are again accelerating through the revs.

However partial throttle sure this is normal but your tuning for economy then anyway, and thats easy.