tuning

richb

hi does any 1 know of anywhere in the west midlands i can take my r to?need to sort the high idle on it,runs and boosts fine but it idles on 1500rpm and its doing my head in , changed all vacum pipes new dump valve knock sensor and still the same,have heard if the adjusters on the injectors dont have the covers it can run high is that true?

richb

Ah rite haven't checked that how do you check it?have ordered a idle control valve just got to the point of guessing now

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Where abouts in the West Midlands? - APB Mortorsport in Shavington seems to have good reviews from Honda, Subaru, and Mitsubishi owners; that's fairly close to Stoke-on-Trent. I don't know how good they'd be with a GTi-R, but at the end of the day it's still just a car.

If you're missing a balancing screw for the throttle bodies it would cause a high idle; similarly any of the caps for the PCV. The injectors aren't adjustable, and the duty cycle is controlled by the ECU.

This may sound obvious, but have you adjusted the idle speed screw?
Reground you MAF (or even cleaned it)?

How is the cold idle?

richb

I'm in Wolverhampton not sure if that's he closest 1 to me but will try them,caps for the PVC?all screws sure there the idle screw only adjusts the idle up not down on mine when it's cold it idles around 1200 then gets higher as it warms up

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Have you changed the ECU temperature sensor? It sounds like the ECU's not getting the message that the engine is already warm.

You're quite right; APB is going to be at least 5 junctions up the M6 from you. - Stoke might be classed as "West Midlands", but it's also pretty North for the Midlands.

richb

Haven't checked the ecu temp sensor where abouts is it?pcv valve?is that he same as the ilde control valve?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
The temperature sensor is on the back of the block behind the power steering pump; there's a sort of elbow as the hoses come back to the water pump... I think. :oops:
There are two of them; one for the gauges, and one for the ECU. That's why you can't assume the ECU is getting the right signal even if the gauges are. - The fast idle should only last a minute or so, then you should hear it drop.

PCV valve is on the back of the rocker cover and is connected to the inlet manifold by a series of pipes; if it's still there you'll see the metal branches besides the fuel rail. - It will just unscrew with a spanner, and I think the manual tells you to test it by blowing into it; if you can blow back through it, it has failed.

richb

Oh rite cool will give them a check should have posted this a few days ago as I had the inlet off lol! Cherrs