tuner/garage services aberdeen

R

rich200sx

Hi
Me and my business partner are looking at the prospect of opening a garage/tuner service based generally at japanese made performace cars.
Basically was wondering if anyone local to aberdeen could give me any input ie comments, sugestions of anything that you think this area lacks in providing you a easy reliable service?

Not trying to sell it to you but basically this would be set up with you and other car club members in mind so your idea could give me some idea of what is required in this area.

Basically myself and my friend have the idea to put into action by mid april and will be providing, Servicing and general repair for ALL japanese cars, electronic diagnostics, full tuning service from ind kits, exhuasts straight to full engine rebuilds to any spec in a engine clean room.

We will be aiming to supply a friendly, enthusiastic, reliable service without charging a fortune.

But at the end of the day it is you that will be the potential customers so your opinions matter to what you need etc.

So please feel free to comment

Thanks
Rich

GTiR_Mic

Hi mate, Im up in Aberdeen as well.

There would be a bit of compotion for you as Wallace performance is there and so Is Jap Performance in Ellon. The Exhaust bit would be great as I have heard a few stories of the Wallace ones :?

Another garage would be good, to help with the choice around here. At the moment my car is back down at my old tunner 180 miles away getting fixed up.

Where about you looking to start up?

You going to be doing mapping as well?

Mic

O

Odin

I'm in Aberdeen as well and whats needed is an honest garage ( if such a thing exists) :roll: .

I've been to Wallace and been charged X amount knowing full well there where chatting and smocking fags for most of it :evil: .

Also we need people willing to admit when they've f*cked up :roll: , everybody makes mistakes its how you handle it that makes the difference :wink: .

Anyway good luck with the venture fella.

rob

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
You can forget about the engine builds as we have one of the best machine shops and engine builders in the country just 60miles down the road...

I think you're wasting your time opening up in Aberdeen...

You have Wallace and JP both with their own Dyno's... Both offering the same services you have outlined... Both established...

I know it sounds negative but i wouldn't bother...

Just my thoughts...

Rishi

R

rich200sx

I know wallace and jp are established but i understand wallace reputation is not the best as far as service and customer care is concered? Just some of the thoughts i have heard from various club members.

I thought this place needed someone that would carry out serious mechanical repairs that would not charge a premium.

For example one of my friends on the gtouk site tried every concievable garage around hear just to remove his engine on his 92 gto tt and replace it with a second hand unit. Only 1 garage in the area said they would do it with no engine work involved at a cost of £1000!!!!!

I removed his engine in 4.5 hours and i refitted about the same sort of time. At the quote he was given he would have been charged at over 100 ph labour!!!? i rebuilt it with pistons, crank,rods full heads rebuild and refit for less labour than that!!

I guessed that someone willing to do the work that wouldnt punish you with premium labour bills just because you own a nice car would be good change for once?

R

rich200sx

Sorry just to add i was not trying to slag off wallace just stating what my research with all the owner clubs have gathered so please dont take that the wrong way :D

R

rich200sx

I dont think glasgow would really be a option for me but its suprising to hear that.

Im really looking at aberdeen cause it is local to me and i know of no garage in the area that is keen to do any major work on these cars apart from the standard brakes, suspension etc upgrades
I also know quite alot of car enthusiasts in the area that i do the work for already so have a small customer base to start with.

O

Odin

I say go for it fella, As you say Wallace isn't really interested in the nitty gritty and as for the other place :roll: ,Well I wouldn't let him blow my tyres up :roll: rolling road or not .

Aberdeen is in need of an honest garage that charge a fair rate for the work they do and actually charge for the time it takes rather than a few extra tea drinking hours :shock: :roll: .

But if you start fitting ten exhausts and neon's to saxo's I'll come around and burn you out myself :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

rob

JIMMYBACK

vpulsar said:
I say go for it fella, As you say Wallace isn't really interested in the nitty gritty and as for the other place :roll: ,Well I wouldn't let him blow my tyres up :roll: rolling road or not .

Aberdeen is in need of an honest garage that charge a fair rate for the work they do and actually charge for the time it takes rather than a few extra tea drinking hours :shock: :roll: .

But if you start fitting ten exhausts and neon's to saxo's I'll come around and burn you out myself :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

rob
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: here here

S

smcnairn

Yeah id say go for it too Aberdeen has plenty customers theres not really much competition with wallace, think anything more than a rolling road or an oil change gets there arses twitching. As for engine rebuilds/repairs seems to be a shortage of good places. :wink:

R

rich200sx

Cheers guys

I have no real interest in catering for the corsa and saxo boys there is plenty of guys to do that :D

I really only want to concentrate on mechanical side but will also be doing 4 wheel alignment etc that will be done PROPERLY.

The idea really kick off when i bought a gto tt after owning a large varied string of jap cars. I found that guys on the owner club from aberdeen right down to glasgow could hardly even get a 54000 mile service with t belt done!!!
No garage would touch them, they were getting trailered to place in England just to get work done!!!

Fair enough their is two guys already established but would any of them do a 54000 service on a gto????? No chance!

Its a shame because it puts people off buying cars like ours and it shoudnt be like that?

End of the day im aiming to offer a honest, reliable service with fair labour rate. Im doing this because i what to do something i enjoy and i hope the business will reflect that.

Thanks for you comments i appreciate your support

Rich

S

smcnairn

rich200sx said:
I really only want to concentrate on mechanical side but will also be doing 4 wheel alignment etc that will be done PROPERLY.

I take it youve had a bad experience with Walaces alignment too? :roll: :evil:

R

rich200sx

Iv had to correct alot of mistakes for friends after they have been to various garages
Some mechanics i know do the alignment but have never been trained in the use of the equipment

I think that is wrong considering the price they charge?

S

smcnairn

Your right. i was charged £47 to get camber bolts fitted and to get my 4 wheels aligned. When the job was complete i pulled away from the garage and my tyres were squeeking and the steering felt light. I turned round and put the car back and explained so they attempted to align them again and ended up even worse! :twisted: Their excuse was "some thing must be bent or twisted" and come back when u get new front tyres as there is wear on the inside could be causing the problem????? then charged me another £47 labour. I decided to give up on them and go to a tyre center round the corner to get them checked out by some one else. They put the car on the ramps and had a laugh as they couldnt believe they had just been aligned as they could see by just looking at the front wheels they were all to f00k. They then stuck their gear on and aligned it for the sum of £22 :D they couldnt see what the problem was. Its clear there are people using alignment tools and dont know what they are doing. :roll:

stuarty

Go for it ...............there is nothing wrong with a bit of compitition..... if you can excell where the others have fallen they may be the ones chasing you :wink: