transfer box drain nut

rossdj1983

great, just tried to whip off this nut to find some nob has put 9000000000000000000000000000000000000 lb's of tourqe on it so ive started to fu<k it up when i put my breaker bar on it, anyone had this problem? would be nice to get some fresh oil in it

O

Odin

Yes its a common problem, You need to try and undo the filler plug first because that can go the same way, And if you've drained it first you're f*cked lol.

You need a very tight fitting 3/8th drive to undo it and a long breaker bar, If the plug is f*cked then you will need to suck the oil out the filler with a vac pump cylinder.

Rob

scott b

to get a tighter fitting put a bit of inserlating tape around the 3/8ths drive also might be an idea to tighten a tiny bit to crack the thread of aswell

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Thats what mine was like :doh:

don't use a 3/8" drive from a ratchet thats how the plug got rounded off in the first place. Buy the proper drain plug set and you might have more luck.

P

pulsarboby

heat the bugger up with a blow torch it will then come off easily without rounding anything off

rossdj1983

its started to go anyway, bit late for a blowtorch, gonna try to weld a nut to it, cant understand why norris designs did it so tight