Trailer

CruiseGTi-R

Right, I’m planning to collect my broken R from Switzerland next weekend and drag it back to the UK.

Any advice on where to hire a van and a suitable trailer from?

Someone also mentioned that you need a license to tow a car in France?

So far it looks like all in it’s gonna cost £1500 :shock: :cry: .

marc

Dont know as far as hiring anything would go, Need someone else for that bit of advice, As for the France thing I would plead ignorance and just say you didnt have a clue about it!

1.5k is a hefty sum, but I hope it all goes well for you!

P

pulsarboby

forget van and trailer, and hire a transporter, it will work out cheaper and easier!
if you cant get one, let me know as i maybe able to help you out;-)

CruiseGTi-R

Had a look on the net, quite a few places to hire vans and trailers, but can't find any truck/transporter hire places?

Pulsarboy, any ideas fella?

OZ-Racing

CruiseGTi-R said:
Had a look on the net, quite a few places to hire vans and trailers, but can't find any truck/transporter hire places?
I managed to hire a flatbed from Willhire about 10 years ago with no problems.
I tried to find one a few months ago and couldn't find one anywhere. I don't think you can hire them anymore :? Probably some law brought in because people weren't securing vehicles properly, but then you wouldn't be able to get trailers :noidea:
Good luck anyway :-D

jocster76

maybe try nixons or aplant to hire a trailer then just hire a van even a 90bhp transit will pull a car on a trailer as for towing in france i aint never heard that you need a licence.

JOC

scott b

on the new style liecense you can onlt tow a combined wieght of 3 and a half ton, anything more you need to do a trailer test/7.5 ton test, keep meaning to do it. theres plenty of trailer hire places about look in yellow pages, got a trailer meself but wouldnt take it that far lol

but if you can find say a flat bed transit recovery ruck youll be sound to drive it on a car liecense, but some places are warey about taking the vehicles outside the uk