Trackday nuts...

GTiRlover

What size disc do you run up front? Im just about to get my new stoppers fitted and am undecided about the best combo. Is a 285 discs too small?

GTiRlover

Ta Jimmy 8) If I went with a bigger disc say 300mm would I notice the extra stopping power?

Hows your weapon coming along by the way?

:D

JIMMYBACK

tbh i dont think u will noticed that much difference in that size disc to the the 285mm .only maybe a little extra heat dispersal maybe.im no brake magican :lol: :lol: :lol: .just make sure u buy a master cyclinder stopper too thats makes a world of difference 8)
well put it this way my machine is almost ready for feel silly boost :lol: :lol: :lol:

T

Toady

there should be a slightly improved braking effort with the 300 instead of 285 due to the extra leverage and cooling. :wink:

JIMMYBACK

GTiRlover said:
Gotta admit the 300's are calling me :twisted: Would I still be able to get a set of 16's over the 300's tho?
depends on the wheel style ....... some wheels cater for 300mm discs :D

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
I've got 300mm discs and 4POT callipers... Yet to test them though....

Rishi

S

Stoned

Just get 300mms

Better stopping power, lighter and wont warp so easily due to the 2 piece design.

Plus looks cooler :lol:

I got these second hand off someone on here for about £320 delivered and they have been ace apart from an annoying squeal. Were fantastic round silverstone though

GTiRlover

Looking good Stoned, are they 16's cos they have filled the wheel just slightly :shock:

Also why would a bigger disc be lighter?

JIMMYBACK

GTiRlover said:
Looking good Stoned, are they 16's cos they have filled the wheel just slightly :shock:

it not because there bigger they would be lighther its the the face the middle bell is made from alluminium 8)

GTiRlover

JIMMYBACK said:
GTiRlover said:

it not because there bigger they would be lighther its the the face the middle bell is made from alluminium 8)
I'm sold then 300mm disc it is, its lighter thus less unsprung weight, has better stoping ability and looks uber 8)

Thanks guys really appreciate your help, I'll get some piccies up afer shes been all tarted up :p ...