Totb 2014

red reading

400hp car, 150 on the standing start 1km and I think he did 11.2, I will get him to confirm but he rung me just after it all happened

Nismo_Turbo

I seen the gears bounce about on the strip. Oil leak etc...:?:roll: :roll: :?

iirc last year at TOTB a white GTiR did the same, spat its gears out

whats the solution for these boxes?

Alternatively is there another box that is a possible close fit?

Someone, was it Vss Irvine sold a car with the Audi running gearbox and the rear haldex system.
What happened to it?
who's got the car, anyone on here?
I'd like to have a discussion with them Regarding this setup.

Regards

vss irvine

I wouldnt say the vag set up is a solution. Its a decent conversion but a hell of alot of work.

and even with a haldex controller its still a fwd biased set up.

Depends what you want really. I know that car ran in the 11's with a stock engine when it was finished.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Depends what you want really. I know that car ran in the 11's with a stock engine when it was finished.
How stock? Mine did a 12.06 with slightly under 300bhp on the standard engine/gearbox/turbo. I'd love to know what it's would have done with a max'd out good standard turbo and engine.

Ayup boys, sorry, just seen all the comments! Yes, made a slight mess of the end casing but fortunately most the other bits inside were intact, quaife bits were all fine, just a selector fork had broke! The gearbox is now built back up, along with the Modena LSD now fit in the transferbox! It's all going to get built back together tomorrow then!
It ran 11.5 @ 117mph and like Danny said, 150 on the 1km standing start, and it was average on the handling circuit! :) I got plenty of runs in, particularly on the Saturday, and yes, I can't argue, it takes a lot of abuse! ;) A brace on the box with the main man Danny sorting it out..... Should help prevent it happening again too soon!