totally stumped wiring gauges again

Godzilla

right fellas when i took out my dash this week had to disconnect all my aftermarket gauges now being a numpty forgot to lable em , i had them only light up when sidelight/headlights were turned on, but i cant seem to figure out how i did it , they will only power permanently on when connected to live and earth , so question is were can i tap into (colour and were) so they either come on again as headlights do or even come on when ignition is turned on .im totally cluless again .

Godzilla

bit more info my clocks wont light up unless i hard wire them but the wont switch on when i turn the stalk , also indicators wont flash unless i use hazard button , what am i missing

R

riske

your missing a power wire somewhere that you havnt connected back up
that wire will also power the guages with sidelight.
Its hard to help because wirescould all be anywhere if you've taken the dash off.
I know the blue and red/pink wires striped are the ignition power which are on the hazards and elsewhere which will power things all the time.
Try to re wire them by tapping into the sidelight power light wire which will be floating around from before. Where are the guages piller pod or where the original 3 are? Because you could just rewire the whole lot.

R

riske

Your indicators wont work if the hazard connector is off btw

Godzilla

looked at the fuses and id blown 2 of em so borrowed some and now dash comes on when turned but indicators still dont, hazard connector is plugged in and there working ,

i had the gauges in the pillar pod but now moved em to were original ones were , as i got a third one to match . ivo got a spare piece of wire that isnt connected to anything but obviously was or else i wouldnt have it,it must be the one that gives power when turned on to sidelights but cant remember where i had it,

Godzilla

riske- do u know what the sidelight power wire colour is behind the original cluster thanks

sussed it now mate thanks

Last edited: