Took my R to the nurburgring

Got back monday, went last friday! Had a wicked weekend and ragged my car there, back and obviously around the ring! Loads of fun, highly recommended! :p

It was hard to get an accurate time because I only did 4 laps an somebody had crashed on every lap, just the time I was on the track there were 6 crashes which meant i had to slow down for yellow flags, not good! We worked out though that it took us between 9 and 9 mins 30 after deducting time wasted, definately no slower than that! Not bad I dont think! I was practicing on the 360 before I went! (It helped a lot!) I suffered from a lot of understeer though on fast corners, nearly crashed a few times! Does anyone else suffer from understeer??

No sorry, I didn't take any pictures, My mates took there cameras (better than my phone!) and took pictures, I may be able to get hold of them shortly though!

stugtir300

the pulsar is prone to under steer due to the engine being positioned just in front of the front wheels.

zenwahwong56

All in all how much did it cost you to get there and back, plus circuit and b&b, thinking about doing it my self, early next year?

Its got gaz shocks and springs, lowered by 45mm at the front and 35mm at the rear, 17" wheels (205/40 zr17) and a rear strut brace. I think stiffer suspension would help it quite a lot but don't really want to spend anymore money on it!

I spent approx £200 on petrol. Overnight ferry, food on the ferry there and back, and hotel for one night in germany was £165. Track time was 19euros a lap or you could buy in bulk, I bought four laps for 64euros, approx £50! And then little bit of food while we were there and drinks on the ferry , depends were you eat but £60 should cover it! I took a bit more than that and bought a couple a stickers (5 euros, £3.50) and a nurburgring t-shirt (45 euros £30), just for souveniers! Basically £500 sould cover it each if a few of you go and share rooms! Hope that helps!

A

a11ova

Sort your roll-bar out and get it polybushed up, Should make a vast improvememnt

good time tho dude

antgtir

Bushes, strut braces, lower brace, coilover with camber adjustment, good tyres, all these will pretty much remove the horrible understeer and in some cases may induce a little oversteer, yee haa lol.

Sounds like you had a great time, however when you say you dont want to spend anymore money on it, it does sound like you are about to sell up having done what you wanted to, is this the case?

Ant.

I went from Hull to rotterdam, worked out easiest and pretty cheap because of the fuel money we saved, R's arn't economical!

Sounds like thats a good way to cure it, I wont though because of money, Don't no if I should sell it or not, The trouble is I bought a House about 4 month since too and I still have a 2002 Fiesta Zetec S which is all kitted up and got a huge sound system, it really is one of a kind, but unfortunately I'm going to have to sell one car! The R is way faster though which I like!!