Tomei engines

marcymarc

How much would it cost for theTomei 2.2 full engine fitted and all the bits and pieces that go with it?

Also would there be a cheap way round it because the other week a bloke on here was on about his 13k tomei engine and one of you lot (i think vpulsar) said they could have built the same spec engine for 5k.

Dooie Pop Pop

marcymarc said:
How much would it cost for theTomei 2.2 full engine fitted and all the bits and pieces that go with it?

Also would there be a cheap way round it because the other week a bloke on here was on about his 13k tomei engine and one of you lot (i think vpulsar) said they could have built the same spec engine for 5k.
id prefer the term 'no nonsense' to 'cheap' :lol:

O

Odin

You need to speak to Rishi fella :wink: , He can get you an engine built that is just as good as any tomie engine :wink: . If you ask him nicely he'll even get you the parts cheaper as well 8) .

rob

deank93

Defo speak to Rishi....he'll save you a fortune against the cost of any engine built by just about any tuner imo.

marcymarc

Also i was wondering why know one ever mentions the JUN engine builds ?as JUN seem more Gti-r focused than Tomei .

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
marcymarc said:
Also i was wondering why know one ever mentions the JUN engine builds ?as JUN seem more Gti-r focused than Tomei .

JUN are very good... Excellent 2L Billet Cranks, Good cams etc... But When you learn that all their parts are made here in the UK at a fraction of the price JUN charge, then why go to JUN when you can buy them from the UK manufacturer...

Classic example... JUN pistons are made by Cosworth... They even have Cosworth stamped in underneath them... I think HKS use cosworth too...

Some Jap tuners cranks are made here in the UK...

See what i mean... There are better quality, cheaper parts available...

Rishi

Dooie Pop Pop

we love you Rishi :wink:

my mate used to work for a company in the southeast that made cosworth pistons, Albion engineering iirc. prob spelt wrong :oops:

he had a couple for ashtrays :lol: