Thrust release bearing

LeeSmith

How easy/hard is it to replace this and how much will it cost??

Mine is making quite a bit of a noise and I had better get it done b4 it's too late!!

Thanks in advance...

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Check its not the clutch pedal thats making the noise first...

Thrust Bearing is a clutch out job so it'll cost anywhere between £200 - £400 depending on where you have the work done...

LeeSmith

RishiGTiR said:
Check its not the clutch pedal thats making the noise first...
it's coming from the engine bay near the gearbox, when the clutch is pressed in it stops, when it's depressed it rattles.....I asume that would be the release bearing????

B

Boxster Basher

Noise

I have just had the same noise. When the pedal was depressed it made a rumbly/grindy noise.

BOX OUT time. It was the clutch release bearing.

Thought F*U*C*K IT. I've had enough of these boxes and while its out its getting split. So got a better gearset into it at the same time.

2 birds with the one stone.

LeeSmith

GINGA said:
Sounds more like the gearbox input shaft bearing :(
LOL! no, that's been replaced recently as I killed it.... :oops:

I hope it's just the release bearing...............

If my Gearbox goes again - I will sell the car.....

T

Toady

sorry mate...but if it makes a rattling noise when idling, but goes away when you put the clutch down, it IS you gearbox input shaft bearings. If the noise occurs when you put the clutch down, then its your release bearing.

:(

hmmm

Probably a silly question but would changing the gearbox oil make a difference? and what happens if you leave it as it is? :shock:

Just a few questions to top up my knowledge :wink:

did I just hijack this thread...hope not :oops:

LeeSmith

I don't think it will m8 as I have had a gearbox rebuild and it was doing it before and is still doing it now (obviously the fluid has been changed during the rebuild)

don't know weather it helps or not......

hmmm

How much would it cost to get a new gearbox input shaft bearing from Nissan? Fitting would cost the same as a clutch I presume.

T

tombola

bearings

had all my bearings replaced cost £400
with the gearbox in situ and the end case removed

hmmm

Which bearings did you replace and how much were they each mate?
How much was the labour cost?

thanks for the info :)