Throwout bearing

low612

Im trying to find a out which throwout bearing the R would use in the states. Im purchaseing a s13/s14 clutch kit but from reading i hear the S13/14 bearing is diffrent. So my issue is finding the proper one is the USA. I know there must be another model nissan i can use. Does anyone know?

geetee

Ask your friendly Nissan dealer to look up equivalents for part # 30502-0W720. May or may not come up with a hit. The SR20DET in the GTiR is uniquely different in a number of ways, so it may not have an equiv.

Failing that you could always ask (nicely) for someone to source one in the UK and post it over.

Cheers
Graham

low612

oap-r said:
You mean release bearing;-)
I mean throwout bearing.. you mean release bearing. Im so used to dealing with the cable fwd sr20 trannys for the last 10 years . But yes we both are reffering to same item. Now aside from correcting the term used to describe the above item . Would you have any useful info...? :doh: thanks!!

low612

geetee said:
Ask your friendly Nissan dealer to look up equivalents for part # 30502-0W720. May or may not come up with a hit. The SR20DET in the GTiR is uniquely different in a number of ways, so it may not have an equiv.

Failing that you could always ask (nicely) for someone to source one in the UK and post it over.

Cheers
Graham
Ya i will do that tomorrow since my buddy is parts Manager @ Nissan . Appreciate the part number, it will cost 4 times as much to ship over im assuming but i guess if worse comes to worse it has to be done. Thanks!!

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
low612 said:
I mean throwout bearing.. you mean release bearing. Im so used to dealing with the cable fwd sr20 trannys for the last 10 years . But yes we both are reffering to same item. Now aside from correcting the term used to describe the above item . Would you have any useful info...? :doh: thanks!!
People won't know what you're talking about if you use bastardised yank terms ;-)

When i had a 200sx clutch it used the std R release bearing,direct from Nissan.Can't your local Nissan place just order it up or is delivery an issue?

low612

oap-r said:
People won't know what you're talking about if you use bastardised yank terms ;-)

When i had a 200sx clutch it used the std R release bearing,direct from Nissan.Can't your local Nissan place just order it up or is delivery an issue?
Ya i guess i have to learn to speak as if i lived in your side of the world:lol:

low612

low612 said:
Ya i guess i have to learn to speak as if i lived in your side of the world:lol:
Alot of time the Nissan dealer over hear only have US made models part numbers in there Data base. When i pulled up to the dealer in my R they didnt have a clue what it was. Its like dealing with a non educated parts person that only knowsnumbers but doesnt have the actual experience with the vehicle.

geoff pine

low612 said:
Alot of time the Nissan dealer over hear only have US made models part numbers in there Data base. When i pulled up to the dealer in my R they didnt have a clue what it was. Its like dealing with a non educated parts person that only knowsnumbers but doesnt have the actual experience with the vehicle.
My local nissan dealer will not order parts for imports as its to much hassle . when they did try they could not even fined a fan belt to fit my car (which they had for 4 weeks )with out air con. But! could fined me a new air con compresor for £940 +vat which at the time was a fifth of the cars value its not just a problem you have.

Keira

low612 said:
Its like dealing with a non educated parts person that only knowsnumbers but doesnt have the actual experience with the vehicle.
just like the uk then :lol:

if you get really stuck, speak drop mike at mjp an email

http://www.mjpshop.co.uk/

or i'll get you one and pay me via paypal and i'll post it.

if you dont want a new one, pay postage and im sure i have a used one you can have for free

kieron

low612

diesel weasel said:
just like the uk then :lol:

if you get really stuck, speak drop mike at mjp an email

http://www.mjpshop.co.uk/

or i'll get you one and pay me via paypal and i'll post it.

if you dont want a new one, pay postage and im sure i have a used one you can have for free

kieron

Ok that sounds like an option . If i weere to get one one it would be new , no use in putting a used one in if im already in there.
Appreciate the kindness!!

low612

# 30502-0W720 ok i just ordered this part it has now been updated to a 30502-1w720. It looks like its for the Almera.. It was 36.00 US $

Last edited: