Throtle sticking closed

P

pulsarmick

Hi all just got my r back on the road it had been off the road since 2005 i got it last year and the fun started from there took it for it mot today and pass taxed it and went out for a ride and the throtle is sticking closed after its boosted up i think it in the thrtle bodise has any one has this problem i have lubricated the linkaged but still does it any ideas welcome :thumbsup: ps here goes the fun of driving a r lol

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
What's it doing that makes you think the throttle is sticking closed.

I would assume that it's idling and nothing else if that happens.

It it's only going to about 2500rpm then it's going into safe mode, so do a fault code check to see what's wrong.

P

pulsarmick

hi its ok reving up and driving but when you change gear or fist thing in the morroning the throtle is stuck and i have to push the pedal very hard to free it then its ok if you drive along its ok till you boost up and change gear then the throlte sticks closed again i was thinking about taking the intercooler pipe off the throlte body inlet and spaying wd40 or some thin oil in there as i clean the old oil out when i had the enigne out all help welcome as its a pain to drive some times and i dont like to spoil the driving of my new r :thumbsup: