Thought I'd show you these

Dan_GTiR

Hi guys.

While my car has been off the road :cry: , I decided to do a few mods to it. As my old air filter was looking a bit tatty, I decided to make up a new induction system.

It comprises of a new turbo inlet pipe, cold air box and a nice BIG K+N filter. Here are the pictures.

As I work in a machine shop, I designed the air filter adapter and turbo inlet pipe on 3D modelling software, from this, I CNC machined them from billet aluminium. The air box is made from one piece of 2mm thick stainless steel sheet, which was cut and bent to the shape you see. The pipe that runs from the MAF to the turbo is just 2 90* bends welded together.

Anyway hope you like what I've done.

Cheers

Dan. :)

J

jiw

Dan, i'll catch you on msn, i want some of that :D

looks very well :wink:

R

r5ben

that looks ace mate was it easy to make ? can you tell any differace with it on ?

Dan_GTiR

r5ben said:
that looks ace mate was it easy to make ? can you tell any differace with it on ?
Don't know about the difference, as car is still off the road. Hope it will make a difference though. I can tell you that it has a real throaty induction roar when you rev it and the turbo chatter sounds awesome 8)

Making the filter adaptor and turbo inlet was easy, at work I have access to CNC machines and Computer Aided Design software.

The filter adaptor is for a 5" filter that rolls around to the size of the MAF, similar sort of thing you see on inlet trumpets on a set of carbs.
The turbo inlet pipe is 65mm O/D and the inside tapers from 63mm down to the inlet size on the turbo, IIRC down to 52mm.

For the air box all I did was make a template out of carboard then transferred it to stainless steel.

Thanks for the reply chaps. It's good to get some nice comments about the work thats been done, nice to know it's not been a waste of time. :)

Jeff, speak to you when I get 5 minutes spare mate.

Cheers

Dan. :)