This may sound familiar!

dankal

Hi my name is Daniel and I´m looking for an upgrade for my gti-r.
I´m looking for about 350 horsepower + or - 15.
The car is pretty much standard now but has k&n airfilter 2,5 inch exhaust system and a forge bov.
Can anyone tell which route is best to go.

P.S. I´m looking for a setup that is more on the safer side than on the edge of breaking down.

Cheers

Daniel

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
What's your budget? If you want 350 -15 bhp its a lot different to 350 +15bhp (+£5K?) if you want to be safe.

You're better off aiming for around 1.2Bar and 320bhp max as a starting point with a clutch, FMIC, boost controller, fuel pump, fuel controller.... have I missed anything. Depending on who you talk to and how lucky they've been, 1Bar/300bhp might be a safer target.

In theory this could be squeezed to 340 if you're lucky but it won't be long before something fails on standard bits. Past this, start thinking about pistons, head gaskets, injectors, ECU's, turbos, gearboxes, brakes, suspension etc etc :shock:

There's 101 posts on this subject so just get searching really.

A good starting point is a decent boost controller and a "good" rolling road setup to max what you've already got..... and wait for your clutch to fail :lol:

G

GAZ P

Getting 300-320 is not to much of a problem but if you want 350 it's going to get expensive if you want reliability.For a safe :D 350 I would suggest a full on engine rebuild :cry: starting with: forged pistons, 1.6mm headgasket, head porting/pollish, set of uprated cams, front monted intercooler, high pressure fuel pump, hybrid turbo,fuel & boost controlers,uprated clutch etc probably cost a good £3500-£4000 :roll:

mattygti-r

as Gaz says really, :lol: 330 isnt really a problem and will prb knck ur socks off anways, but 350 ur looking at £££££££

chrisniss91

dankal said:
P.S. I´m looking for a setup that is more on the safer side than on the edge of breaking down.
Well if you want 350bhp on the safe side i'm affraid your only choice will be rebuild.

I pushed mine got 337bhp but only lasted a while now its been rebuilt.
I think these engines are reliable low 300's with the right fueling etc anything 320+ you need to start doing overtime :lol: