This is what we need to do with our engines!

Keira

people achieve that with gtir engines all the time for far less cost and hassle, its normally done with the addition of a cheapo bleed valve :lol:

MarkTurbo

I wasnt on about it going pop you bellend :lol: We all know pulsar owners are experts at that already :lol:

I was just saying it would be good to see a few R's with that sort of power ;-) Where's Rishi with his 700bhp, surely that must be done by now :lol:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
120RON VP Race Fuel arrives on Friday.. Mapping on Friday and Monday..

Rishi

A

another sunny

i know little about big power gtir's(mine has less than 300 ponies), what is /who has the highest power gtir? and how do they compare to other cars like Norrise's EVO9 etc?

Dragmera

You need to look outside the UK for high horsepower SR20's.

1000 BHP has been reached and breached on a number of occasions.

Here is a link to a FWD N12 Cherry Turbo with a 900 BHP SR20...

http://www.carmaniacs.net/index_e.html

My ex-sponsor who used to own a 9 second B13 Nissan Sentra was making 810 WHP at it's peak!

As you say though, the limit isn't in the engine, it's in the gearbox!

carlengerer

Typical you are going to find a ford cosworth pushing high hp figures in the UK, where fords outnumber nissans by about a million to one. I bet you'll find some respectable hp figures on some sr20's in japan for example.

Fire & skill

Vintage member
Dragmera said:
You need to look outside the UK for high horsepower SR20's.

1000 BHP has been reached and breached on a number of occasions.

Here is a link to a FWD N12 Cherry Turbo with a 900 BHP SR20...

http://www.carmaniacs.net/index_e.html

My ex-sponsor who used to own a 9 second B13 Nissan Sentra was making 810 WHP at it's peak!

As you say though, the limit isn't in the engine, it's in the gearbox!

nice write up in Banzai BTW ;-)

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
carlengerer said:
Typical you are going to find a ford cosworth pushing high hp figures in the UK, where fords outnumber nissans by about a million to one. I bet you'll find some respectable hp figures on some sr20's in japan for example.

What like the 950bhp, 11000rpm, HKS T51 SPL one from about 14years ago!! There are loads of high HP SR20's about.. Just not in a GTiR.. Probably due to the transmission issues..

Having said that there was a TS GTiR that was rumoured to have run 9's passes but i can't find any proof of this..

Rishi

Fire & skill

Vintage member
marcymarc said:
Sorry matey, didnt see your post :-D
its ok mate - my fault

the Mental Micra is in this months issue :-D

in 'street life' theres a chavved up pulsar with glitter paint, dodgy afterburner back lights and the most awful front bumper i've ever seen - but you should see the spec, waste of a good car.

also in streetlife is Gemma's EVO II - that's the bird from 'the garage' that is shown on discovery turbo :thumbsup: