This any good?

Spikey

Im going to look at this car over the weekend but the guy claims there is a noise from the head. What could it most likely be? Also claims to have hks Pistons. what markings would i have to look for if i shine down the plug hole with a torch? would i see markings?
Im looking for a project so it seems ok.

http://pistonheads.com/sales/1687212.htm

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Are you any good at fixing engines; if so it's probably quite good value. Not looking in great condition, but it is priced to sell.

I'd be a bit worried if it's got a new head gasket and valve stems... and now there's noise in the head. Was there noise before they changed parts (and was replacing the valve stems supposed to have fixed it)? With any luck it's the shims and it's tappety because they weren't replaced or the clearance adjusted after the valve stems.

I don't know that you can recognise HKS pistons from the top; you can just tell that they aren't standard ones.

EVOBAD

as stated a freind had a set of hks pistons but when in car u coudnt tell,if you go see car make sure you get it up to temp when fan comes on and car temp is still good it will probly be shims or who ever did the job did a crap job and engine needs another build if this is the case car isnt worth 1200

Spikey

Just been to look at the car and the guy recons its the rocker arm squirters that one is not getting any oil. But it sounds like Bottom End Rattle plus it stalled after firing it up. Would a head failure make such a noise?

gl3nn

900 isn't bad, to be honest I really couldn't tell you without hearing noise, it matey is willing to sell it for cheap then it will prob be bottom end, you could get good standard engine and throw that in worst case. After paying 900 & 600 for a good standard engine still getting a pulsar for 1500