thinking of.......................................

K

kev

hi ya all, as u see im new, so hello to you all....

right im selling my car and me and the gf are just having the one, hers,lol

a good idea cos this leaves me with some money and with show season coming around quick and sumer was thinking of getting a gti-r, been looking at em and the shape is growing on me and some of you here have real good examples..

just wondering what there like as in relibilty???? and i know parts will be expensive due to it being a fast car and so on but i really dnt no much about them so thought id see the response

cheers all :lol: 8)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Re: thing of.......................................

kev said:
just wondering what there like as in relibilty???? and i know parts will be expensive due to it being a fast car and so on but i really dnt no much about them so thought id see the response
They're like any car, some are 99% reliable and some break more often :? A well looked after one should be OK, but no guarentees.

Parts can be exspensive depending which tuner you go to :wink: It's alot cheaper to import stuff from Japan or America if you can do the work yourself or have someone that can do it.

K

kev

hi mate, yeah i relise that no car on the planet will be 100 percent, and u do gt good and bad cars.

i work for pug in the parts dept soooo hopefully one of the lads wouldnt mind working on it if it aint to hard,lol

but was just after general info, like whats the best type of yr to go for or what to look out for??

that black/blue one in the for sale section thats now sold looks gorgous

GTIR-LOZ

you can get any replacement parts from nissan, a genuine uk one is best as it holds money better as only 70 were made and insurance is a bit cheaper, other than that any jap one is good they are pretty much all the same i think after 93 they facelifted the interior but its not much different, there are subtle difference between uk and jap but not much in it, if you can find one in winter green colour get that as only 20 were ever made

K

kev

cheers mate, i would assume that the uk gti-r's sell for a lot more???

i will have about 4 k to gt one wiith, been looking at jap imports , i dnt really see a prob with getting one.

anything that i should avoid???lol

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
kev said:
i work for pug in the parts dept soooo hopefully one of the lads wouldnt mind working on it if it aint to hard,lol
Hmmm, TBH they can be a pain to work on at times. There isn't alot of room in the engine bay and while most jobs can be done with the engine in, some tend to be alot easier with the engine out :?

K

kev

thanks guys, well as the car wudnt be used all the tme, it not working wouldnt b to much bother, just annoying,lol

i was looking for a pretty much standard one, maybe diff wheels or something and exhaust n air filter but didnt want load sof engine work done to it unless its been done properly, rather gt it standard and gt work done myself so i know i have done it well.

u lot run out of fuel a lot as i can never gt optimax round here???lol

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
kev said:
but didnt want loads of engine work done to it unless its been done properly,
Chrck out MRGtirs car in the for sale section. It was rebuilt by ADR motorsport and is a bargain at the price he's asking.

JIMMYBACK

Fast Guy said:
kev said:
Chrck out MRGtirs car in the for sale section. It was rebuilt by ADR motorsport and is a bargain at the price he's asking.
hes not selling now 8)

K

kev

Fast Guy said:
kev said:
its a real nice car, i havnt gt that money really, 4 / 4.5 k i was looking at.

not for sale anymore, well mint tho

K

kev

the black one in the for sale section thats just been put up today looks great if only i had the money now, and gt a gtr number plate on, would look great :x