Things are looking up............

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Things are looking up for us "oldies" and down the pan for the under 30's :lol: :lol:

It was announced the news this morning that the largest insurance company in the country, Norwich Union are going to be raising insurance premiems generally but the shocker would be the up to 40% for young (under 30) male drivers :thumbsup: ALL other companies are expected to follow suite :lol: :lol:

Steve

P

pulsarboby

:thumbsup: tip for any young drivers with more than one car, is to go and get yourself a traders policy (im a mechanic, so got one) you can get a traders policy for £680ish if you look around and that will cover you to drive any vehicle to whatever value you agree too!
but obviously you will have to bend the truth and tell them your a mobile mechanic, and you need to pick customers cars up for mots etc.
you will however be heavily loaded if your under 25, but works out very cheap if like me you have a van, 2 cars, motorbike and other toys. you can also add your missus on their for pleasure use only.:thumbsup:

OZ-Racing

I'm with Norwich Union Direct and just got my renewal through, which has gone up by 30% :shock: but I'm almost 31 :?
I'm busy shopping around.......... again :roll:

snoon

I have traders policy and I'm 23. I have to buy and sell 2 cars a year to be classed as a trade. I pay the same for my trade police which covers me to drive anything as it would have cost me to insure the Pulsat on it's own!

Trade insurance is ace, means we can drive anything we want!

Ricky_GTi-R

Im 21 and have a traders policy, costs me twice as much as what it cost to insure the Pulsar for the year, but means i can drive any car i want, including all my un-registered imports(using trade plates):thumbsup:

Last edited:
P

pulsarboby

pulsarboby said:
:thumbsup: tip for any young drivers with more than one car, is to go and get yourself a traders policy (im a mechanic, so got one) you can get a traders policy for £680ish if you look around and that will cover you to drive any vehicle to whatever value you agree too!
but obviously you will have to bend the truth and tell them your a mobile mechanic, and you need to pick customers cars up for mots etc.
you will however be heavily loaded if your under 25, but works out very cheap if like me you have a van, 2 cars, motorbike and other toys. you can also add your missus on their for pleasure use only.:thumbsup:
theres 2 types of trade policy though, motor traders is a lot more expensive as you have trade plates and can drive vehicles with no tax!
or theres a trade policy which is aimed at mechanics and the like, all you have to do to get this, is say your starting up a business as a mobile mechanic, and you need cover to drive customers cars. they will insure ALL vehicles registered in your name, and you will be covered to drive any other vehicle not in your name upto agreed value(mine is £30,000)! and that should cost no more than £700 dependant on age, which i would imagine is a lot less than a lot of you are paying just for your gtirs.

Ricky_GTi-R

My Pulsar insurance was £760 fully comp at 21yrs old with 2yrs NC bonus, Trade policy is now £1500, but needed to get this is i couldnt insure an unregistered car privately, or use trade plates privately, or even just insure a GTR for example for a decent price.

MarkTurbo

I've just renewed my insurance on my 1.4 astra runabout but before i did i got a few online quotes just to see if anyone was cheaper. Norwich union wanted £430 :shock: I'm only paying £240 at the moment :lol:

Thats about the same as what i pay to insure my R :der:

N

Ninja_tune_factory

Ricky_GTi-R said:
My Pulsar insurance was £760 fully comp at 21yrs old with 2yrs NC bonus, Trade policy is now £1500, but needed to get this is i couldnt insure an unregistered car privately, or use trade plates privately, or even just insure a GTR for example for a decent price.
what traders policy have you got and with who?

cheers Lionel.

Ricky_GTi-R

Ninja_tune_factory said:
what traders policy have you got and with who?

cheers Lionel.
Import policy dealing with 100% sales(performance and prestige), has demonstration cover, trade cover and full SDP cover. With Black Friars bud. Thats also with 3 ppl on the policy.

Ricky

Aimee

Moderators
Staff member
I see incidents like this on a daily basis & it really winds me up. The amount of money it costs is amazing...but its so sad that people get a kick out if it - i suppose its all that money going to their heads.

geoff pine

MarkTurbo said:
I've just renewed my insurance on my 1.4 astra runabout but before i did i got a few online quotes just to see if anyone was cheaper. Norwich union wanted £430 :shock: I'm only paying £240 at the moment :lol:

Thats about the same as what i pay to insure my R :der:
Dont you mean your un moddified (r)

A

another sunny

traders policy.....read the small print as most have a "subaru claus" so any car like a 2000 turbo or similar is excluded(that includes pulsars , audi s4's and every car similar) i found this out at my cost. They used to cover all cars but they have got wise to this little trick and if you claim then they will do anything to get out of paying!

Ricky_GTi-R

another sunny said:
traders policy.....read the small print as most have a "subaru claus" so any car like a 2000 turbo or similar is excluded(that includes pulsars , audi s4's and every car similar) i found this out at my cost. They used to cover all cars but they have got wise to this little trick and if you claim then they will do anything to get out of paying!
Checked all this, i have imports and high performance/prestige car cover(used the GTR Skyline as an example to my insurer, all is covered), hence the reason i took it. If it was the case that no insurers insured such cars as pulsars, skylines or scoobys every sport or import trader would be ****ed mate.