thermostat!

Gaz gtiR

Just bought a new thermostat for the R & it says its a 77 degree. is this the right temp for standard? also has 170F stamped on it. whatever that means?

wrc

Fahrenheit mate....And yea that's about the right temp you want, I think I've got a 78 deg in mine and she's fine.

Gaz gtiR

I knew it was something to do with temp but ive never looked in to renewing thermostats as ive always had renault 5 turbos & you throw the thermostats away in them because of the headgasket isues they have as the run to hot! Just wasnt 100% sure

Digitalfaze

I knew it was something to do with temp but ive never looked in to renewing thermostats as ive always had renault 5 turbos & you throw the thermostats away in them because of the headgasket isues they have as the run to hot! Just wasnt 100% sure
is that not the whole point of a thermostat? open when things get hot?

Gaz gtiR

is that not the whole point of a thermostat? open when things get hot?
No R5 Turbos tend to run very hot, so you dont realy run a thermostat as they get up up to temp well enough without the stat! & As they are proan for headgasket failier the stat is just classed as 1 more thing to cause this!

So never realy messed around with thermostats, Thyats why i asked this question because i know the GTiR should run a stat :)