The mysterious Blitz Access ECU.....

Al Mac

Gents,

Does anyone know what benefits these give over the standard ECU on the 'R? There seems to be a reasonable amount of knowledge floating around regarding the Mines ECU, but I can't find any details about the Blitz offering.
My Pulsar had one of these fitted when I bought it (along with a FMIC that looked more like an oil cooler :lol: ).

The car now has the standard top-mount and a standard JDM ECU fitted. With the boost set at 1Bar, am I likely to see any real benefit in fitting the Blitz back in there, or am I better off sticking with the standard ECU and flogging the Blitz one. And if so, anyone know what they're worth?

Cheers

Alex

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Use of google tells me that it's going to be pretty similar to the Mine's. - It looks like more power by running a leaner map overall (i.e. where the standard map goes rich to give some charge cooling, this one stays lean), but obviously you'd need someone to read it and confirm that.

If you've already got it, and are already running ~1bar; then you'll get a bit more power from the setup you've got. It's probably mapped for Japanese fuel, so you might need to knock the timing back a little to compensate for that; again, I don't know, I just read that on a different forum.

As for the value? Who knows; it's worth what people are willing to pay for it. £100 odd?

keastygtir

bob sold me one and i thought it worked very well. I think the ignition timing is more aggressive and i felt that it picked up a bit better than before

Al Mac

Hmm, OK, something to think about then - cheers.

I'll have a go at running it back-to-back with the standard ECU and see if I can make an easy comparison.

So running on 98/99ron fuel, maybe set the base timing to 17-18 degrees btdc instead of the standard 20?

Obviously I'm not asking anyone to give me a cast-iron-guarantee that that's safe, all adjustments are made at my own risk etc.....

P

pulsarboby

they are similar to the mines ecu.....dont know what map they have or anything else (ed can tell you that) but i just go by drivability and very similar at 1.2bar with harsher acceleration and midrange grunt.
i would leave base timing as is at 1 bar no need to retard it

as for price....well ballpark figure is anything between £150 right up to £350 ive seen them advertised for in the past, but i would say a fair price nowdays would be £180

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Thanks Bob, I've mainly been looking at forums for other cars and that's the advice they had. Maybe what they were talking about is if you put it in a UK spec car... that would make sense about knocking the timing back then. :doh:

P

pulsarboby

yeah uk spec cars run a different ecu anyway with 18degrees timing i believe.
if its mapped in japland on lower octane fuel and your using v power then the timing will be fine as is due to the increased octane level

Al Mac

Cool, my timing strobe should arrive tomorrow so I'll get the Blitz plugged back in and set it up properly. Stand by for tales of amazement or disaster, lol