The Modding begins....

Fazz

And so it starts...

I've had the car all of a month or so and now gotta custom it ..

So Wilwood 4 pots on way ( courtesy of Group Buy Go GTIROC)

Whiteline anti-lift and camber kit next

550cc Injectors on the way with 300zx air flow meter..

So gonna get the above fitted, go for remap and tune and fix my timing ( last rr showed timing out) then should hopefully see the 350bhp mark perhaps with 1.4bar...

Think that'll keep me happy... Maybe some 17's after that but afraid looks are not a priority at mo!

SO I lasted all of a month with 300bhp... more more more..
Hoping ot stop at 350 though.. for the sake of reliability!

Anyone else??

C

clive760

Fazz said:
And so it starts...

I've had the car all of a month or so and now gotta custom it ..

So Wilwood 4 pots on way ( courtesy of Group Buy Go GTIROC)

Whiteline anti-lift and camber kit next

550cc Injectors on the way with 300zx air flow meter..

So gonna get the above fitted, go for remap and tune and fix my timing ( last rr showed timing out) then should hopefully see the 350bhp mark perhaps with 1.4bar...

Think that'll keep me happy... Maybe some 17's after that but afraid looks are not a priority at mo!

SO I lasted all of a month with 300bhp... more more more..
Hoping ot stop at 350 though.. for the sake of reliability!

Anyone else??
what ecu u going 2 use with 550injectors mate

Fazz

@Clive - was looking at greddy emanage but not sure...

Any recommendations?
Do u have to run uprated ecu wit 550cc injectors?

C

clive760

Fazz said:

Any recommendations?
thats what am using there good 4 about 450bhp yes u do hav 2 use dif ecu with injectors :(

pete-r

:lol: damn ,busted.it would be interesting to see how many completely standard R,s there are on the road?the guy at gbh in colchester has a completely standard one.

Fazz

clive760 said:
Fazz said:

Any recommendations?
thats what am using there good 4 about 450bhp yes u do hav 2 use dif ecu with injectors :(
God Damn - Didn't know that!!
So is there no point me fitting injectors till uprated ecu on way???
I have twin apexi's if that makes any difference , as in uprating the fuel/duty etc..

Would i see any benefit from injectors without ecu?

@pete - standardish still wouldn't cover it! Your avatar gives you away!!

C

clive760

ecu

Fazz said:
clive760 said:
Fazz said:

Any recommendations?
God Damn - Didn't know that!!
So is there no point me fitting injectors till uprated ecu on way???
I have twin apexi's if that makes any difference , as in uprating the fuel/duty etc..

Would i see any benefit from injectors without ecu?car would prombly run like crap u hav 2 change ecu first then get it all set up with injectors & maf32 thats if u want 2 run over 350bhp as strd 1s r good 4 that power

@pete - standardish still wouldn't cover it! Your avatar gives you away!!

warringtonjack

Have you got a forged piston build? As long as its set up right, the standards should be ok at 350, but wouldnt like to risk it much higher!!

Am i right or completely wrong??

O

Odin

warringtonjack said:
Am i right or completely wrong??

That would be wrong then fella, In the states there running 500+ bhp on standard gti-r motors, And Rishi on here must be over the 400 bhp level with his set up and he's still useing a standard motor as is dave at AWD running very low 11's 460ish bhp :shock: 8) :wink: .

rob

pete-r

yeah,like rob says.ive done a lot of research on the sr20 forum(american) and im pretty confident taking the car to this level with just a hks head gasket.it makes pretty good business for tuners in this country if they can make you think you need a complete rebuild at certain levels of tuning :roll: .i reckon this time next year youll see a lot more 400+ cars on standard internals :D ,but i also reckon youll see a lot more broken ones because people havent invested in getting the car setup properly!