The 'freerace' uk

QuickNick

Hi Guys,

I am going to this event (hopefully if I get picked!) in Jan and wondered if anyone else is going?

Its called the Freerace and it is a free racing event open to the public, I signed on using Fbook (www.facebook.com/UKFreerace) and they just announced it is somewhere in the Midlands. Anyone else heard about this? They are apparently using these Nissan 370Z's with mods:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVH55r7OrEc

It is being chatted about on a load of other forums so pretty confident that its legit. Just wondered if any fellow GTI-R owners have entered?

QuickNick

Just found out that this is an official event being held by Nissan and Silverstone, but I dont think they are conducting the event there.

Still not exactly sure what it entails, the cars look sick though!

Tomorrow they are announcing the winners via email, so hopefully it will be a very merry 'post Xmas' gift to myself!

DanDud

I got the e-mail to go on the 15th, but im still unsure if its legit, so iv e-mailed Shakespeare county raceway (where the e-mail said its going to be held) to see if they can confirm the event on the date.

Anyone else bother applying?

QuickNick

So for all those that applied to race these 'Freerace' Nissan 370z's, the venue has now officially changed to Silverstone however due to the snow, and I know from experience that snow builds up quickly in Northamptonshire, that it may get postponed.

We will have to wait and see but there are plenty of updates going up on the facebook page.

this is the link www.facebook.com/UKFreerace

130tc

Just seen the Line up for the final. What happened to Nick Tandy? He seemed to have the legs on everyone else at the event also Robbie Kerr seems not to be able to make it. Anyway, pretty good selection of drivers all the same;-

France
Anthony Beltoise, (Gt2 racer and son of the 70's BRM Driver)
Romuald Guinoiseau, (French National Rally Driver)
Tristan Gommendy (Macau F3 Winner, Super League Driver)
Stephen Darcy

Germans
Oliver Harsch,
Michael Grassl,
Christian Beckmann
Nils Alexander-Weng

Team GB
James Littlejohn, (Asian Formula 3 Championship)
Ryan Lindsay, (Formula Ford Racing Driver)
Niki Faulkner (Porsche Carrera cup)
Sam Edwards (Porsche Carrera cup)

(Source Traitors)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVtVzQb21v8&feature=related