THE BEST SIZE.....

G

GODZUKI

HI ALL..,

WHAT IS THE BEST SIZE.....
15" / 16" / 17"

AND IS 7.5KGS PER A 17" HEAVY OR IS THIS GOOD.

RGDS
KALVIN

it says here...

it says in my Honda/Acura race car builder's book that in independant tests of six makes of car, a plus two fitment was found to be the best all-rounder. That is, if the standard wheel size is 15, a plus two is, er, well two sizes up- 17. It had the same acceleration, highest cornering speeds of the lot, and a slight loss off the top speed due to higher rolling resistance.

oh and it doesn't monkey with yer speedo readings either.

PHEW :lol:

S

Stoned

I got 16's on mine and think they look perfect. 15's always looked a little too small and 17's look great but maybe slightly too big for it's rally car image.

mohsan

16s

so far from standard 14s i got 16s then 17s,which were a light weight alloy. and ive got to say its got to be the 16s nothing like them,youd imagine going 17s would be better then 16s,but nope.
you want 16s,and tyre size 205/45/16. I am looking for a set of oz superleggeras as their also lightweight.
definately 16s

mohsan

want a good r

looking for an r,after seeing someones with a front mount over 300 bhp.gosh the car looked mean.
where to get this front mount also? think the driver said it was off a skyline r33 gtr,how to get the pipes to make it fit?
or actually i do beleive he said it was a copy of the forge one someone on the forum that made his own

M

memski

Not noticed a huge difference going from 17" to 16" to be honest, and both wheels are/were mega light. More rubber on the 16s though (215).

I had 16"'s on my last R, the one I am looking to buy now has 17"'s but is way to low for them so will need to lower to 16" alloys I think.

Loved my last R on 16" alloys mate.

G

GAZ P

7.5kg is quite light for a 17" but if you can afford them go for some forged alloy or magnesium ones like the proper rally boys :lol: :twisted: