The best Setup for drag racing! Help needed!

RO_SUNNY

As discussed in the past.....but can't find the original thread....

What will be the best setup for dragracing....like:

Ride height on the front and rear?
Tyres / wheels size ?
Suspension setup?

I have seen some 4x4 drag cars are using a simmilar suspension setup as the Fwd cars...like the Honda guys....lower in front and lifted on the rear axle.
Now...lifted and lowered ....it's nothing to spectacular....like 50 mm difference between the front and rear axle.

What about them wheels....will i t better to run on 14 inch wheels with taller tyres....for a little bit of transmission protection?

For example...I am running 17'' and......at 2 bars of tyre pressure I've ran 12 seconds on the 1/4 mile..
Than....I have overinflated the tyres at 3 bars and ran 11.4 sec on the 1/4 mile.

Please.....guys...let's discuss about this as I am quite close on finishing the care and I need to know what shall I do!

red reading

Small turbo and high boost to reach power goal I.e 3076 at 2 bar rather than 35r at lower boost, carbon twin plate clutch as they are so useable and light , drag wheels and tyres......you need tractability and to be able to launch the car, if you look at the mazworxs car it could do with more torque as it cannot get the power down smoothly where as the Greek,Romanian car does, also for dedicated drag the centre diff is an issue on our cars so weld it up or get a nismo and you need a front LSD as well....trouble is if you go that route the car will be drag only as it will not go round bends at all.

Jon Olds

Tyres: drag against grip. Once the wheels stop spinning its tyre drag that slows you down tyrewise, isn't it?
Jon
I have proved this more than once racing by dropping a size and (overall) going faster

RO_SUNNY

Aha Danny go it......

The idea is that I will be using the car only a couple of times per year for drag racing.

The rest.....on the road!