the alternator

K

kengtir

hi all the day it all went wrong well you quess it the alternator has gone up the well is was screeming noise first of all then seized up the engine stopped restart more screeming then blue smoke and no more ,so the next question is how to take it off i have sorted one to replace but need to know how so far ive took the top ajustment braket and bolt out and the awkward nut under neath the braket this is the one how do you get the long bolt out thats on the engine mounted braket cheers all :oops: :oops: :cry:

G

Glyn

Hi mate, tou need to undo the bolts going through the mounting bracket into the block, iirc there are 3, a bit fiddly but this is how I did it recently. :wink:

N

Norfy

i ground the head into a D shape on my pivot bolt so it will slide past the turbo if i ever need to change it

K

kengtir

alternator

Glyn said:
Hi mate, tou need to undo the bolts going through the mounting bracket into the block, iirc there are 3, a bit fiddly but this is how I did it recently. :wink:

thanks for that ive just got the long bolt pushed as far as the turbo and a bit of grunting and groning ishould have it done

K

kengtir

alternator

Norfy said:
i ground the head into a D shape on my pivot bolt so it will slide past the turbo if i ever need to change it
thats agood idear when iget it off ill do that too