Thanks Bob

GTIR1000

I just like to say a massive thanks to pulsarbob for sorting my car out. It didnt start out too well as on the day i wanted to take my car down to bob i called the aa out at 11 on a saturday they didnt pick my car up till three and then my car didnt turn up at his till 11 the next day on the sunday. No idea where my car went for nearly 24 hours but the aa assured me it was in a safe place (who knows). Then it turned out my r had more problems than realised but i have never had such good communication and service from a garage. Top bloke top garage took me 4 hours to get home tonight from his but was well worth it as i have never heard an r running so quietly and smoothly thanks again bob.

Cheers jamie

GTIR1000

lol i had a note in the car saying do not start engine could cause more damge in big black letters :). Well the car went down to bob to get a top end noise sorted the oil jets were not getting noise to the cam so that needed replacing and some rocker arms and i had it reshimmed. But after that was sorted bob rang me to say it had started to knock on the bottom the top end was just so loud you just could not hear the slight knock at the bottom so now it needed new big end bearings luckily it hadnt marked the crank so i have a nice set of acl bearings and my engine is running better than ever :)

P

pulsarboby

your welcome jamie.
im just pleased that the crank wasnt mullered. but as said its one of those things where the other knock was so loud it had disguised the bigend knock, but think we caught it just in time before the thing had spun a shell so its pure luck that you never drove the car down to me in the first instance.

bad service with the AA though, they are normally pretty good and keep you informed as to whats happening but you must have had a mickey mouse driver on this occasion, still alls well that ends well as they say!