temperature

A

Anonymous

Changed my thermostat on the wkend hoping it would cure the problem my car has of never coming off the cold mark unless you leave it idling but its exactly the same. I thought the old one might be stuck open or something. Next step....................??

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
When you say never coming off the cold mark, do you mean the needle never leaves the stop at the left of the gauge? If this is the case try tapping the dashboard, it works when mine sticks. :wink:
Failing that, it could be a faulty sender, I guess it could be worth giving the terminals a quick clean to see if that makes any difference.

A

Anonymous

nah, tried hitting the dash but nae difference. Aye it sits on the cold mark on the left side of the gauge. Where is the temp sender so i can try cleaning the terminals before i replace it? The fan kicks in fine, usually just after the needle starts moving up so am now thinking the gauge could be at fault???

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I think the temp sender is somewhere on the rear of the engine by the pulleys. :?

Its on the driverside rear of the engine just below the inlet manifold you can see if by looking from the drivers side wing down past the brakemaster cylinder
theres 2 btw the one with the large plug is for the ecu and the small one is for the temp gauge

A

Anonymous

RE: Thermo

Gidoink, I take you are FAE Scotland. Where from?

Anyway, I have had the same problem. I sorted it a simpler way though. Some Galoot had the cluster oot' and was playing around with the needles and dials. They never put the needle back in at the right point. Try putting in the dials a little again at cold or run to idle warm and replace them where they should be. Can you be bothered?

Regards, Si'.

A

Anonymous

Aye am from the Isle of Lewis, outer hebrides. No other pulsars over here. I had to break the norm of all the bleedin' cavaliers and corsas with 6 inch exhausts thats going around!! That sounds like its worth a try with moving the needle, never knew it would be adjustable though. Ile try it once i get the garage clear of sheep feed :wink: :wink: