temp gauge problem

Hi all

I have a problem with temp gauge if i accelerate hard it drops to nothing?

Is this a common/known problem?

thanks

sam

red reading

no it's not, probley a broken wire on the engine sensor or dodgy connection.

Why not actually look and find out the info and check the normal like main earth's, and wireing etc.

wrc

Only reason I say is when I ran mine without for a few days, it did exactly that.

red reading

, read again it does not happen that quickley!!.

i know what happens and i know who he got the car off, and the fact it has had a recon engine recentley fitted.

warpspeed

Incorrect advice can be worse than no advice though, you need to know what your talking about and by the looks of it you don't in this case.

Gaz gtiR

I also have this problem! But when i pull over & check my rad pipes there cold or just slightly warm & soft i.e no preasure!

I also thought this could be the thermostat, As if it was an electrical fault, i.e snapped wire or sensor problem it would not make the rad pipes go cold & soft would it?

I would of thought if it was an electical fault it would just say its cold on the temp gauge but the rad pipes would be still hot & preasurised?

Or am i wrong? It wouldnt supprise me being something electrical wit it being a pulsar... :roll:

wrc

Behave yourself.

My.car.did.exactly.this.with.no.thermostat.in.

Idling and town driving fine, boot it up a dual carriage way, temp dropped right off. Put a thermostat in it, was fine again.

How much simpler can I put it?

Fucks sake.

Last edited:

red reading

I also have this problem! But when i pull over & check my rad pipes there cold or just slightly warm & soft i.e no preasure!

I also thought this could be the thermostat, As if it was an electrical fault, i.e snapped wire or sensor problem it would not make the rad pipes go cold & soft would it?

I would of thought if it was an electical fault it would just say its cold on the temp gauge but the rad pipes would be still hot & preasurised?

Or am i wrong? It wouldnt supprise me being something electrical wit it being a pulsar... :roll:

your problem is that you have no thermostat or knackered/nismo one is fitted, there may be another underlying issue but i doubt it.

red reading

Behave yourself.

My.car.did.exactly.this.with.no.thermostat.in.

Idling and town driving fine, boot it up a dual carriage way, temp dropped right off. Put a thermostat in it, was fine again.

How much simpler can I put it?

Fucks sake.
your symptoms were not the same as sam's, people get tetchy with advice being given when it is not quite correct............so no fuck's sake or anything else you are a newish member and not that respected yet if you don't like it go else where.

red reading

Some people know everything within 5 minutes of owning a gtir Danny, didn't you know? Lmfao
Yeah i know stu, and they cause more aggro than tuner's with people taking there Ex-Spert advise and fucking there cars up.

keep your eyes on jap performance mag mate i'll be in it soon apparentley.

wrc

Of course I know everything, don't you know? My 3000bhp r with 6 bar boost runs fine.

Innit.

pulsar_stu

Oooooo keep me posted when it makes it in there mate, I don't buy mags unless there's something decent to read up on :lol:
I've noticed a lot of posts that arnt quite on the button but can't be arsed with the slanging match that happens when you tell them they are wrong.
Newbs really don't understand the gtir! Yes they are just a car at the end of the day but experiance of these cars is often needed to diagnose a fault that often would be something else on any other car!
The gtir is a breed of its own!

wrc

Very true, although I only have 6 odd months of Gtir experience (which I've taken a lot from), I have bucket loads witOerterer cars (as a lot of members do) so thinks like cooling systems a lot of people can help diagnose. End of the day were just trying to help this french lad out, whether it be electrical or cooling related.