Technical Question Regarding Pulsar

G

gigeorge

Hi guys,

Am still on the hunt for a suitable jap rally car, ive just test drove a 60k M reg gtir and everything seemed fine, std apart from dump valve & a hks exhaust..

When out in it it was boosting fine up till around 4-5k k and there was a real kinda laggy area, this didnt happen all the time and not in all gears..

I was thinking it could be due to fuelling? I mean the guy only put a gallon or two in, and the light did show up towards the end of the drive, would there be any other reason for it not holding or boosting at this rpm range?

Advice sought !

oh and the brakes scared the crap out of me, i.e my present polo's brakes are better & this gtir didnt have abs.. :S i thought they all had abs..
thanks

George

mattygti-r

stock brakes are poo

mine doesnt have ABS not all come with ABS

ragging it witih very little fuel in isnt the best idea in the world

also hope it was 99/ 98 octane fuel too

oldaneal

think they do restrict boost with low fuel, as said before was it needs to super unleaded really most peeps run optimax, other than that it mite need a new fuel filter as these can clog up and cause the same sorta fault. yes the std brakes are only just good enough to stop it as they are the same as fitted on the gti's and they have about 80 ish bhp less

G

gigeorge

thanks for that guys,

yeah i didnt take it beyond 5500 rpm and let it warm up / cool down..

would a disk / pad upgrade make a world of diff? or would i need to go get some brembo / ap's?

Fire & skill

Vintage member
gigeorge said:
would a disk / pad upgrade make a world of diff? or would i need to go get some brembo / ap's?
depends on how much power you were after - if you plan to modify step by step then no point wasting good money on a set of discs and pads to just upgrade them again once you are past 300bhp.

theres a good group buy on at the moment

G

gigeorge

haha :D, after driving the evo 5 tho im tempted to save a bit longer..

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
oldaneal said:
think they do restrict boost with low fuel

They don't that I know of. I always try and drag on <1/4 of a tank and have never had a problem. People have had problems with fuel surge on low fuel (<1/4) with uprated fuel pumps tho.

JIMMYBACK

never had a working petrol light before.it such a novelty :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
the rated pumps fuel surge problem is normally due to bad fitting and the useage of the wrong fuel filter that attaches to the pump itself :roll: