technical question...from Canada!

C

copper

hey guys...noob from Canada and I have a few questions. Since I can't post them in the tech section they are getting put here.

I just bought a GTi-R which is stock sans for a TT, boost gauge and 15" wheels.

In Canada we have gas ratings in octane and I will be running the highest I can get, which will be 92 or 94.

I plan on doing the following mods...and only running to a max of 1.0-1.1 bar.
Hybrid FMIC
Apexi air intake
Mongoose turbo back
Walbro 255
colder plugs (NGK 8's)
Greddy boost controller
HKS SSQV (not really a mod, I know) and
Greddy E-manage

1- how do these sound?
2- will the E-manage be good for all this?
3- what HP do you think I could be running at?

brakes and suspension will be done also...I'm just worried about tech engine stuff now. Thanks!

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
copper said:
In Canada we have gas ratings in octane and I will be running the highest I can get, which will be 92 or 94.

Don't we all :wink: . I think you mean you have PON (pump octane number) where as we have RON (reasearch octane number) ther higher the ron you can use the better.
On about 97/98 RON I'd expect you to be touching 290ish at 1.1bar

geetee

Below is an approximate comparison chart, these numbers can vary by as much as 2 grades

RON MON PON
90 83 86.6
92 85 88.5
95 87 91
96 88 92
98 90 94
100 91.5 95.8
105 95 100
110 99 104.5

92 PON is equivalent(ish) of UK normal unleaded - you'll need to run your ignition at about 15 deg BTDC.

Higher PON / RON will mean you can advance a little more and eek a little more power out of it before it starts to DET.

This is a guideline only, every car is slightly different. Best to get it in the hands of a decent tuner who knows how to use DET cans with a rolling road.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

C

copper

Fast Guy said:
copper said:

Don't we all :wink: . I think you mean you have PON (pump octane number) where as we have RON (reasearch octane number) ther higher the ron you can use the better.
On about 97/98 RON I'd expect you to be touching 290ish at 1.1bar
Thanks guys...and yes I meant to say PON (pump octane number). Obviously all gas-O-line has an octane number.