Tacho/Rev Counter Weirdness???

A

Anonymous

Since deciding to keep my R it has been running sweet until about a week or two ago when the rev counter began wandering. When you start the car the counter goes straight to about 3,500 - 4,000 RPM and then fluctuates between here regardless of what revs the engine is doing. Then over the next 10 to 15 minutes of driving it begins creeping up gradually to around 8,000-9,000 RPM. After about 20 mins of driving the needle suddenly springs back to the correct revs at the time and all is well again.

The needle is sometimes a little sticky so when you blip the throttle it sometimes staggers back down to tick over speed but i think this is an electrical problem.

Does anyone have any experience of this or have any solutions?

Any help would be great as I am fed up with seeing 9,000 RPM at 10 MPH in traffic!!

Cheers,

J

Jamz

There's something about the rev counter on R's thats really shit. I think most people have had problems with theirs at some point in the past.

Mine doesn't work most of the time so I ripped it out last weekend and checked the wiring and pcb on the back but couldn't see anything wrong. :?

S

sosso

Mine's doing exactly the same, can anybody tell us what is causing this to happen? :?:

J

Jamz

Mine has no speed delimiting device and still does it. I'll replace the clocks one day but for now I'll live with no rev counter.