t4 turbo upgrade

stifler1603

hi i have now installed a top mount exhaust manifold with a t4 turbo with external wastegate . the car is mad fast at 1.8 bars of boost. but it has idling problems and it dumps alot of fuel into the engine. how can i rectify these problems . im also running 75 shot of nitrous

chrism

I can only imagine the folks here are going to need a bit more information than that, mate. What else have you done? What management system does it have? What else have you done to change the fuelling? etc etc. The more info: the better.

info like injector size and type would be useful, you may have issues with the minimum pulse width if you're running very big injectors.

stifler1603

i have a walbro 255 fuel pump. stock injectors and stock ecu that was remapped to 1.3 bar. i'm on 17" rims with 205/40/17 tires i have removed the breather hose from the valve cover that runs to the intake duct and blocked it. stock maf

stifler1603

oh and i just discovered that my o2 sensor it faulty. i've changed it so that's the fueling issue sorted. now i need to sort out the not idling issue. and now my valves are tapping quite hard. and the external wastegate has in a 16 lbs spring. it runs really good on c16 race gas but on idle it will cut out

Last edited:

stifler1603

i think i need a stand alone engine management system and get rid if the maf but which one should i get aem or a greddy

Last edited:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
how do u upload picture on here so u guys can see what in talking about?
You need to host it somewhere (the club has no hosting).

Once you've done that, copy the URL then click on the little icon that looks like a landscape painting, then paste it into the box on the "From URL" tab. - Don't click on the "retrieve file" because that won't work (no hosting as mentioned before).

Voila.

Failing that; find someone who seems helpful and email them your photos. They can then do the hard part and post them in the thread for you.

williams

is your problem not running 1.8 bar when its mapped for 1.3 bar, + running standard injectors that are now way past their limits?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
So can you just clarify that you have an engine that was mapped and set up for 1.3bar on the standard inectors, was it also on the standard turbo? And you now have a T4 running 1.8bar with no additional mapping?
If you are very lucky you might have been lucky and got away with it, but we'd all be amazed if you have.

Our engines can be quite tappy, it's probably worth checking the valve clearance.
You might be lucky and just have a split/loose hose, hence the unhappy idle.
Your injectors most likely will have reached their limit 0.5bar ago and you've run lean and damaged the engine - melted piston or damage ringland etc.
You needed remapping with at least 700cc injectors and a z32maf as soon as you fitted that turbo. Is it an old school cossie T4 or something different? they can run over 400, so even 700s might struggle. (standards are 444s)

PS if you change your injectors you still need remapping.