T28 outlet adaptor

MarkTurbo

Does anybody know where i can get one of these in the uk?

I'm putting a standard T28 back on my car for now but need something like this as i'll be rotating the compressor housing to run the intercooler pipe downwards out the way of my exhaust manifold.

MarkTurbo

Photobucket

Thanks for that link. The only ones i could find were abroad on ebay and the postage was more than the part :doh:

MarkTurbo

I don't know why i didn't just do it in the first place but i found a bit of scrap earlier and knocked this up. Didn't have anything bigger in diameter so the bolt holes are pretty close to the edge but it should do the job.

Just got to machine a few flats on it now and its finished 8)

MarkTurbo

I was being lazy and didn't think we had any big enough diameter bar at work to make it so thought it would be easier just to buy one :oops: It was fairly easy to make in the end but i've just run into the same problem whytie had in this thread :doh:

http://www.gtiroc.com/forums/showthread.php?65536-Intercooler-pipe-run/page3

Will probably just end up copying that idea as the next turbo i'm going to fit will have the compressor outlet going down in pretty much the same place so i'd have to do it sooner or later.

rich1216

That front mount is a little awkward sometimes, i need to sort mine but going a completely different root all together :)

MarkTurbo

Sorted the stabilizer mount clearance problem now, i cut the manifold apart and moved the turbo upwards :lol: Theres still not a lot of room with the adaptor i machined up so i may need to try and find one of these, think its off a 200sx or a Silvia?

This is where the turbo sits now.

MarkTurbo

Hopefully i've sorted it now so can get on with other bits. I had a brainwave earlier and machined the flange off the top of the compressor housing so i can tig this bit on. That should just about give me enough room for a 90 degree samco straight off the turbo 8)

red reading

nice work there mark...will be interested to see how a 2.4 l gtir engine does with that set up, i bet it is a right torque laden bugger...good for the hills

red reading

Mark has a good car there, its running a 2.4 stroker kit that was in pesh's car (pesh was told it was knackered and it was'nt!), bruces old quaife....and marks brains.....ffffing quick car now

vpulsar

Mark has a good car there, its running a 2.4 stroker kit that was in pesh's car (pesh was told it was knackered and it was'nt!), bruces old quaife....and marks brains.....ffffing quick car now

All that rust is doing a good job of holding it together then lol