t28 hybrid?

Sweeny

The std T28 blower is supposed to run out of puff at 1.4 bar, if yours is classed as a hybrid due to have a 360° thrust bearing then i presume it will just last a bit longer at that boost pressure.

IMO!! i would say 1.2bar is a reasonable pressure for a std T28 to run for a decent lenght of time (depending on the condition of the turbo of course). But others may say different.

Ive got a hybird T28 with 360° bearing and that peaks at 1.4 and holds about 1.1....(dodgy acutator me thinks :( ). Peaked at 1.61 the other night aswell :shock:

Carlb

well i have a standard turbo at the moment thinking of upgrading but if i were to run 1.4 would i have to get the management sorted,different injectors or anything like that first.

at the moment it has got hks pistons + head gasket,sard pressure regulator and a hks fuel controller with 10 or 12 settings looks a bit like this but mines not a fcd http://shop.store.yahoo.com/hopup1/hksfcdfcutde.html

so is there anything that would need doing first and then would it be worth saving for a more capable turbo after sorting whatever needs doing

any advice please
thanks

carl

ps as you can tell im new to all this and dont want to cause any unnecesary damage :oops: :oops:

Sweeny

I'm running hks pistons and cams on a standard turbo aswell (with 360° bearing), with standard injectors & afm, apexi piggybacks, uprated fuel pressure reg, walbro fuel pump and a decent set of plugs. It all depends on what you want from your car mate.

Just take it to a tuner and say: "make it as fast as you can on its current set-up please sir" :lol: :lol:

And if you get bored of it get a bigger turbo, injectors, piggbacks/aftermarket ecu, maf etc. the list goes on mate, just check a few of the specs out in the members R's section.

You best let your chosen tuner give you advice on boost levels for your current turbo/engine :wink: .

geetee

Just take it to a tuner and say: "make it as fast as you can on its current set-up please sir"
:shock:

or just say "please bend me over the bonnet and do me mr.tuner please." :roll:

Sweeny

geetee said:
Just take it to a tuner and say: "make it as fast as you can on its current set-up please sir"
:shock:

or just say "please bend me over the bonnet and do me mr.tuner please." :roll:
I know that but he didn't say anything about money :p :lol: